Babtized with fire!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 5, 2009
Be blessed in Jesus and encouraged in Him!
Hi everyone,

The comment about not having to ask for His fire reminded me of something that happened with Jesus and my son a little over a year ago (see picture & story below). Yes, you don't "have to" ask for His fire, but that doesn't mean it's wrong to. He is your Daddy, and He loves for you to share your heart and requests!

In His love,
Ramone

"Receive My Loving Fire"

By Ramone - January 23, 2010

One day while my son Timothy was 2 years old, I was singing a worship song in the kitchen while here was there with me. I was joyful in Jesus and thought I could tell Timo that he could ask Jesus to come into his heart.

"Did you know you can ask Jesus to come into your heart?" I said.

After a short pause Timo replied, "But it'll be fire!"

I marveled because I hadn't told him about that at all. I told him not to worry because it's a good kind of fire. Later on I wondered how in the heck Jesus had told him that... did He say it? How would my two-year-old son get the idea quickly? I asked God about it and He told me that this is how He did it. He *showed* him. (^_^)

God is good, sooooo good!

P.S. From July 26, 2010 - Suddenly, I hear God telling me that there is *more* to this than just an amazing story! (>_<) I feel Him saying, "I'm willing to answer, I'm willing to give. Ask Me!"

HI Saints.

Baptize by fire. Here is a little view for you. I once had a thought or a vision, a dream or whatever you would like call it. I was standing in a room with bunches of brothers and we were all standing there flexing our muscles in the Lord. Our spirituality. Awesome. Like roosters just crowing away. In this room was a furnace and the furnace wasn't even on, the heat had not even been turn on. But about that time Jesus Christ walked into room wearing workman's overalls. All the brothers got the look of worry on their face, because we knew what was about to happen. Jesus reached down and flip the switch on the furnace and turned the heat on. You know what happen? All the our muscles started melting off. We were melted down to barely nothing, but a little flesh and bone.Oh by way the Spirit of God living inside of us. No more muscles, just a group of brothers standing there.
Here what I saw when we were melted down. WE really knew very little but what we knew was the Lord and he was the most important focus to us. Since then the fire as fell on several churches and some how barely survived. Others have replenish themselves with a group of young muscled men waiting for the furnace to be turn on. You might pray for them, there going to need it.
Brothers and sisters you don't have pray for the Fire to fall, it will. You don't have to pray for the cross, it will come. What you can do some how, or some way asked the Lord to show you that he is your best friend. A lot of Christians never know that. The fire comes and we get upset with God, the cross comes and we get so mad him we almost become Atheists. We stop communicating with the Lord and we suppress all this anger, all this disappointment. In the name of dying to self, this false humility at it greatest height. Why? Because God our Father touched that one area they nobody had ever touched before. And instead of being bluntly honest with the Lord and telling our best friend what going on, we shroud themselves in a nice self rightous, false humility robe, claiming we dying to self. All we are doing is pressing it down in our soul for it to come out in greater anger later on.
The fire of God fell on Jesus Christ:42 He said, [SIZE=+0]“Father, if it’s your will, take this cup of suffering away from me. However, not my will but your will must be done.”[/SIZE] No false humility here, no self rigtheousness. Just a man who is God in the flesh talking in true blunt honesty with his Father. Brothers and Sister we can't handle the fire of God. There only one that handle the fire. It can ony be the Man "Jesus Christ". The NEW MAN. The Christ in us can face this kind of heat. But we are going to have to be honest with ourselves and the Lord. Our hardness and our stubborness is going to be destroyed. Jesus is the the author and finisher of Faith and we are NOT.

He is our BEST FRIEND. We really don't have anyone else. Sorry. Friends are there but they really don't live inside of us. Christ does and will continue on to do so.

Love in him
Don

Hi Saints Here is something from Elton. I hope you are encouraged.

Love in Him
Don
-----
Elton Portion...
interesting, for myself I always skip the "baptism with fire" when I read that, and keep only the first part :) -----

Hi Saints

Here is something from our brother Konti. Please be encouraged.
Love in Him
Don

".... He will babtize you with the Holy Spirit and fire." Luke 3:16

While reading this verse I was struck by the word "fire". The babtizing with the fire is a babtizing that every believer is going to experience either while on earth or when we go before the Lord. I am reminded at this moment of the verse at Corinthians when Paul says that every man's work is going to be tested by fire.

Fire is the only way for us to be purified. We have been babtized by the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ dwells in us through the Holy Spirit. But our old nature is still there and it should all be destroyed. The babtizing of the fire is the only way to get rit of ourselves. Let be not deceived. There is nothing good in us, that is, in our flesh and all of it must be destroyed.

May the Lord burn it all while on earth so that the testing fire will only find us with gold, iron and rock.

Lord, here I am. Do as you wish with me. Love You so much, my Lord.

O

oncemore

Be blessed in Jesus and encouraged in Him!
Hi everyone,

The comment about not having to ask for His fire reminded me of something that happened with Jesus and my son a little over a year ago (see picture & story below). Yes, you don't "have to" ask for His fire, but that doesn't mean it's wrong to. He is your Daddy, and He loves for you to share your heart and requests!

In His love,
Ramone

"Receive My Loving Fire"

By Ramone - January 23, 2010

One day while my son Timothy was 2 years old, I was singing a worship song in the kitchen while here was there with me. I was joyful in Jesus and thought I could tell Timo that he could ask Jesus to come into his heart.

"Did you know you can ask Jesus to come into your heart?" I said.

After a short pause Timo replied, "But it'll be fire!"

I marveled because I hadn't told him about that at all. I told him not to worry because it's a good kind of fire. Later on I wondered how in the heck Jesus had told him that... did He say it? How would my two-year-old son get the idea quickly? I asked God about it and He told me that this is how He did it. He *showed* him. (^_^)

God is good, sooooo good!

P.S. From July 26, 2010 - Suddenly, I hear God telling me that there is *more* to this than just an amazing story! (>_<) I feel Him saying, "I'm willing to answer, I'm willing to give. Ask Me!"

HI Saints.

Baptize by fire. Here is a little view for you. I once had a thought or a vision, a dream or whatever you would like call it. I was standing in a room with bunches of brothers and we were all standing there flexing our muscles in the Lord. Our spirituality. Awesome. Like roosters just crowing away. In this room was a furnace and the furnace wasn't even on, the heat had not even been turn on. But about that time Jesus Christ walked into room wearing workman's overalls. All the brothers got the look of worry on their face, because we knew what was about to happen. Jesus reached down and flip the switch on the furnace and turned the heat on. You know what happen? All the our muscles started melting off. We were melted down to barely nothing, but a little flesh and bone.Oh by way the Spirit of God living inside of us. No more muscles, just a group of brothers standing there.
Here what I saw when we were melted down. WE really knew very little but what we knew was the Lord and he was the most important focus to us. Since then the fire as fell on several churches and some how barely survived. Others have replenish themselves with a group of young muscled men waiting for the furnace to be turn on. You might pray for them, there going to need it.
Brothers and sisters you don't have pray for the Fire to fall, it will. You don't have to pray for the cross, it will come. What you can do some how, or some way asked the Lord to show you that he is your best friend. A lot of Christians never know that. The fire comes and we get upset with God, the cross comes and we get so mad him we almost become Atheists. We stop communicating with the Lord and we suppress all this anger, all this disappointment. In the name of dying to self, this false humility at it greatest height. Why? Because God our Father touched that one area they nobody had ever touched before. And instead of being bluntly honest with the Lord and telling our best friend what going on, we shroud themselves in a nice self rightous, false humility robe, claiming we dying to self. All we are doing is pressing it down in our soul for it to come out in greater anger later on.
The fire of God fell on Jesus Christ:42 He said, [SIZE=+0]“Father, if it’s your will, take this cup of suffering away from me. However, not my will but your will must be done.”[/SIZE] No false humility here, no self rigtheousness. Just a man who is God in the flesh talking in true blunt honesty with his Father. Brothers and Sister we can't handle the fire of God. There only one that handle the fire. It can ony be the Man "Jesus Christ". The NEW MAN. The Christ in us can face this kind of heat. But we are going to have to be honest with ourselves and the Lord. Our hardness and our stubborness is going to be destroyed. Jesus is the the author and finisher of Faith and we are NOT.

He is our BEST FRIEND. We really don't have anyone else. Sorry. Friends are there but they really don't live inside of us. Christ does and will continue on to do so.

Love in him
Don

Hi Saints Here is something from Elton. I hope you are encouraged.

Love in Him
Don
-----
Elton Portion...
interesting, for myself I always skip the "baptism with fire" when I read that, and keep only the first part :) -----

Hi Saints

Here is something from our brother Konti. Please be encouraged.
Love in Him
Don

".... He will babtize you with the Holy Spirit and fire." Luke 3:16

While reading this verse I was struck by the word "fire". The babtizing with the fire is a babtizing that every believer is going to experience either while on earth or when we go before the Lord. I am reminded at this moment of the verse at Corinthians when Paul says that every man's work is going to be tested by fire.

Fire is the only way for us to be purified. We have been babtized by the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ dwells in us through the Holy Spirit. But our old nature is still there and it should all be destroyed. The babtizing of the fire is the only way to get rit of ourselves. Let be not deceived. There is nothing good in us, that is, in our flesh and all of it must be destroyed.

May the Lord burn it all while on earth so that the testing fire will only find us with gold, iron and rock.

Lord, here I am. Do as you wish with me. Love You so much, my Lord.

So would that make someone born again when all self is burn out?

P

Psalm2713

yes..... guess so..