Baby Christian in need of help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

WendyM

Hi all,

Just a little introduction...

I'm Wendy, 32 year-old married woman...

Because of my addiction, I was in need for a Higher Power and I'm so happy to have found the true God :)

I'm still truggling with addiction (although there are more and more times of relief) and am looking for Christians who have gone through this or are going through this themselves. I have sex addiction which isn't exaclty an easy thing to talk about but I welcome anybody to mail me about this at [email protected]. I would love to get some Christian insights or encouraging stories. I also love to listen myself ;)

Thanks for allowing me to join you all on this path, leading to the Kingdom ;)

God bless you all
Wendy

C

choli

Welcome Wendy! From a fellow "baby christian"-you are in my prayers! I am excited that God captivated your heart =)

G

gman1969

I have many addictions and just got thru praying for strength to get me through this day. Yesterday, I did a little better and I feel that's what God wants; for me to try. Not to change all at once but to make it a little beTer each day. With Him on our side, who can stand against us?

W

WendyM

Thanks! It's great to get replies so early on after posting.

I have been sober from my major bottom line (twelve step program) which is physically cheating on my hubby for about four months now. I do still struggle with thoughts/recalls + I cannot seem to stop MB (every once a month). I am grateful when I look at where I came from and what I did. God truly has helped me so much. I've made giant progress but there's still work ahead :) Thank God it's He who does it for me.

Keep up the good work gman1969! I know how exhausting it can get and how powerless I can feel.

I didn't see the picture you have put on the site HoneyDew :) I only see an x... but thanks anyway!

Hi Choli, great to see you on this website too! I'm looking forward to chatting with you too :) (all of you for that matter)

God bless you
Wendy

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

N

NMsmile

Welcome to Christian Chat. I would be happy to talk to you if you would like to message me. Take care and I hope you grow spiritually from this site.

W

Whyllow

Welcome to the family. I know exactly what you're going through. I truly do. I'm still struggling myself.

E

emmajade

Welcome to Christian Chat! I am praying for you in Jesus name. You have been redeemed. Praise Jesus. Who the LORD sets free is free indeed! (John 8:36) Read the bible. I know it sounds cliche but it really helps you with wisdom on how to deal with things. One scripture that comes to mind right now is James 4:7. It says "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

Start collecting scriptures like that one. When you have a hard time, pull them out and get strength from them! The word of God has this kind of power to it. It's hard to explain but it really works.

U

Ugly

hi Wendy
One piece of advice i would give, try to avoid dealing with this subject with men. i normally am not big on segregating the sexes for everything within the church, but it could be a stronger temptation than benefit, in the long run, to have long private conversations about sex. Especially if that man has the same temptations. Also, i hate to say it, but there are some men on this site looking for sexual talk with women & a woman who announces sexual addiction will be getting plenty of attention from them. or perhaps bring your husband in & let the other person know your husband is there & is monitoring the conversation. Just a piece of advice, take it or leave it. Hope it works out well for you.

F

Forgiven66

Hello Wendy, and welcome to Christian Chat.

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
Wendy
Hi welcome to Christian Chat.