Babylon the Great will be destroyed over night

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 14, 2012
Help me please. As I have stated many times on this forum, I am not a member of any religion. I believe in God, his son, My Lord Jesus, and Gods written word.
The Bible warns in: Revelations 17, Babylon the Great are the false religions that the nations will destroy over night. I know many make claim their religion is the true religion, and it is all the others that are false. Can anybody give me the name of the true religion that will not be destroyed?

1still_waters

Can anybody give me the name of the true religion that will not be destroyed?
Matthew 16
[SUP]18 [/SUP]And I tell you that you are Peter,[SUP][a][/SUP] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[SUP][b][/SUP] will not overcome it.

1still_waters

How about we define Babylon.

The Great City = Jerusalem

Jerusalem = Babylon

Follow along...

Rev 11:8
8 And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our[a] Lord was crucified.

Rev 18
9 “The kings of the earth who committed fornication and lived luxuriously with her will weep and lament for her, when they see the smoke of her burning, 10 standing at a distance for fear of her torment, saying, ‘Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! For in one hour your judgment has come.’

21 Then a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying, “Thus with violence the great city Babylon shall be thrown down, and shall not be found anymore.

B

Bistabuster

I could write an article on this one. I don't do far fetched crazy ideas that suit my needs as to which I force Scriptures to be what I want them to be. Take this one for example. Rev 12:3-4. People say these verses are about Satan being cast out of heaven and Satan took a third of the angels with him. Ok. Prove that to me. It doesn't specify that. When I say prove it, I mean, on what authority do you have to claim that this is what it is talking about.

To avoid any confusion, yes it is saying that but where's the proof? Nowhere in those two passages does it say Satan or angels, to name two key points in there. So, how do we know this?

B

Bistabuster

Oh, pertaining to my other post #4, if I were to just blurt a quick answer I might get laughed at. It took me years to understand this. Once I saw the whole picture, at least up to where we are now in history, it's all so clear. This one piece alone is not the "smoking gun" No single piece is the "smoking gun" It's all of it together. You will have to be willing to go through the whole study to see what I see.