Back slidden

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 22, 2015
Yes He sure did....the Old Covenant had many stipulations that demanded the people to "do" all the law or else..

thank God we are in a different covenant now..build upon better promises and Jesus' blood speaks of better things for us..and we have the throne of grace to run to in time of need!

Just look at Israel when they strayed from God He sent the Philistines or the Assyria to destroy them. But when they cried out and put their Idols away God blessed them.

D

Depleted

Part of that is true for me. I loved God with everything but slowly let worldly desires creep in little by little and realised that I had become lukewarm. The verse about being lukewarm was in my mind before pulling the plug completely. Obviously deceived into thinking that was the better decision. But now 15 years on from complely turning my back he is on my mind. But i pray and I feel empty. I have an expectation due to memories I have about the Lord and I am falling well short.
You have the expectations of a 20 year old in a 35 year old body. What are those expectations? A feeling? A glow? A high? You "feel empty" because you are empty. You feel short because you're as short as it comes. There is no desperation. No need. Beggars beg and are grateful for what they get. You expect a feast.

You're not nuts. Something is seriously wrong. You're 35 looking to be 20 again. God doesn't do that one.

D

Depleted

Yeah, I don't get the whole "breaking it's leg" thing.... I've never heard of that. Sheep are, by MOST peoples' estimation, some of the dumbest animals on earth. Thinking that breaking one's leg would "teach" it not to wander is, actually, pretty hilarious.
IF it taught the sheep anything, it would be "don't let the shepherd NEAR you"....
They're not s dumb as people think, albeit breaking a leg sounds pretty dumb. There goes lamb roast. There goes sheep shank. There goes the likelihood the sheep will give any benefit to the shepherd. Crippled lambs tend to become dinner. lol

R

RobbyEarl

God calls you sheep, Think of that.

D

Depleted

He broke Jacob's leg or no it was his hip.
No. Jacob's hip was probably pulled out of his socket. And, frankly, if he had let go of God instead of fighting him, that wouldn't have happened.

R

RobbyEarl

Depleted I love you and may God bless you and prosper all the works of your hand.

C

coby

What?..the shepherd would break a sheep's leg?...that's an evil shepherd doing that to his sheep..

I can't see our Lord doing that..we would have to change some things in Psalm 23

"The Lord is my Shepherd, He breaketh my legs."

Jesus does not go around and break people's legs......God does not cause bad things to happen but He can cause good to come out of the bad stuff we get ourselves into by going our own way..

...look at the life of Jesus..He is the exact representation of the Father's nature..did He break anyone's legs ?..no... of course not..But He will be caught in the act of being Himself to turn those ashes into beauty as we trust in Him.
Lol an evil shepherd?
It was not his doggie.
I heard a preaching once, it was so funny. It was about that they broke a leg and he said: you all have this sweet picture in your mind of a shepherd. You know what they also did? They ate them hahahahaha.

C

coby

No. Jacob's hip was probably pulled out of his socket. And, frankly, if he had let go of God instead of fighting him, that wouldn't have happened.
Yes he needed to change just like the sheep that kept wandering away.

C

Cruisyazz

You have the expectations of a 20 year old in a 35 year old body. What are those expectations? A feeling? A glow? A high? You "feel empty" because you are empty. You feel short because you're as short as it comes. There is no desperation. No need. Beggars beg and are grateful for what they get. You expect a feast.

You're not nuts. Something is seriously wrong. You're 35 looking to be 20 again. God doesn't do that one.
Are you saying that my relationship with God when I was 20 can't be the same now because I am 35? Walking with God as I remember it was more fullfilling than anything. If that's a feast than that is exactly what I want. I can't accept that having a relationship with the creator does not come with awe inspired feelings.

C

coby

and a feast he'll get! Hey the dad threw a party when the youngest son came home.
You get the same relationship with Him back as you had, but now it's better, because after such an experience you appreciate Him more and you got to know yourself.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
All biblical characters failed. The only failures not mentioned are of Joseph, Samuel, Daniel, and Job. Why their failures are not mentioned I do not know. Although Joseph did marry an Egyptian. But everyone fails at some point. The failure is meant to teach us that we need the cross. Because without the cross we are toast.
lol Joseph had a limited choice when it came to marriage. There wasnt many nice Jewish girls in Egypt that his Mother would approve of.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Just wondering if there is anyone that properly back slid from having a relationship with God and managed to come back to Him? If so how long were you back slidden for and is it the same as what you remember when you first knew Him?
Yesterday it was hard for us to connect and i managed only a few mins. online, tho i saw ur post. I want to go back to ur thread, but must be going. I remember abt some person posting in a prayer site (where i went to before)... again and again, but he didnt seem able to get out of the rut. I see others have tried to help and pray for him too, but ultimately it is between him and God as i see things. I too, continue to ask and seek, and here's hoping the Lord will truly hear, forgive and strengthen you at this time, as i continue to pray abt things that are hard for me to put into words even now...
Looks like i could not resist a reply after all!

C

Cruisyazz

Thanks for the reply's. I went to a church today for the first time in what I can't remember. Through praise and worship it stirred up
feelings like I remember, it was hard to hold back the tears. There is something special about being around people that are hungry for God. Is it too much to want that feeling all the time?

C

coby

Thanks for the reply's. I went to a church today for the first time in what I can't remember. Through praise and worship it stirred up
feelings like I remember, it was hard to hold back the tears. There is something special about being around people that are hungry for God. Is it too much to want that feeling all the time?
Wow awesome!
No I want to be in a permanent state of being on fire and revived. I still feel lukewarm when I see those people that are really on fire.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Duoz9HEhUv8

C

Cruisyazz

Wow awesome!
No I want to be in a permanent state of being on fire and revived. I still feel lukewarm when I see those people that are really on fire.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Duoz9HEhUv8
Yeah me too! for me I feel like even when I was full on for God I was just scratching the surface. I really do think there is so much more potential that we have through the Lord. The apostles would walk past the sick and a their shadow would heal them. Perhaps we are not all called to do that sort of stuff but the Lord that loved the apostles loves us just as much.

C

coby

Yeah me too! for me I feel like even when I was full on for God I was just scratching the surface. I really do think there is so much more potential that we have through the Lord. The apostles would walk past the sick and a their shadow would heal them. Perhaps we are not all called to do that sort of stuff but the Lord that loved the apostles loves us just as much.
Yes I want that too.
My pastor wanted to quit. Still this tiny group. Lord do You even want me to preach anymore?
He got a dream, he went in a building, saw Jesus. He laid His hand on his heart and it went through his body to his heart. He changed his heart. Then he saw people with mental illnesses and Down syndrom coming. He laid his hands on them. They were instantly healed. The families rejoiced. There came more and more of these people.
I will settle for nothing less than revival in Holland but first I need to be revived myself.

C

Cruisyazz

Yes I want that too.
My pastor wanted to quit. Still this tiny group. Lord do You even want me to preach anymore?
He got a dream, he went in a building, saw Jesus. He laid His hand on his heart and it went through his body to his heart. He changed his heart. Then he saw people with mental illnesses and Down syndrom coming. He laid his hands on them. They were instantly healed. The families rejoiced. There came more and more of these people.
I will settle for nothing less than revival in Holland but first I need to be revived myself.
The Lord wants revival even more I think. If we can truly come to know how deep His love is for us and everyone else around us. That's what I want more than anything is to know His love again. And even more than before.