Back to the Recording Studio

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
Dec 19, 2009
And who would ask for anything more than a good campfire song, eh, Graybeard?

K

kenisyes

You're becoming much more confident. It shows. Keep working.

I don't know if it matters to you, but I have been able to have people from far add tracks on their own copy of Audacity, export them mp3 and send them to me. The tracks do synch with the original when you get them.

Dec 19, 2009
You're becoming much more confident. It shows. Keep working.

I don't know if it matters to you, but I have been able to have people from far add tracks on their own copy of Audacity, export them mp3 and send them to me. The tracks do synch with the original when you get them.
Thanks.

I was experimenting with running an original MP3 recording through my Audacity software. (It was my wish to add a note on the guitar which I missed when I recorded the song.) The one problem is that Audacity trimmed down the file of the recording by about a third, and I thought you could hear a slight reduction in quality. Still, it was quite good.

K

kenisyes

I agree. I do not consider the quality loss a factor for youtube, but I would for CD. If everyone had the faster broadband, things could be save .wav, I suppose.

Dec 19, 2009
I agree. I do not consider the quality loss a factor for youtube, but I would for CD. If everyone had the faster broadband, things could be save .wav, I suppose.
Do you know much would it cost to buy equipment to do a decent job of recording a CD at home?

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
You have a very cheerful , uplifting voice. The songs are very well made and I enjoyed them. Keep it up

K

kenisyes

Do you know much would it cost to buy equipment to do a decent job of recording a CD at home?
Depending on your precise notion of "decent", $500-$1500. Also depending on your desire to have other people come in and help overtrack. State of the art is the portable digital recorder.

A higher cost is going to be the necessity of your own learning. It could take you a few dozen man-hours to get the technology down. There is training, both online and at regional Christian music gatherings.

Dec 19, 2009
Depending on your precise notion of "decent", $500-$1500. Also depending on your desire to have other people come in and help overtrack. State of the art is the portable digital recorder.

A higher cost is going to be the necessity of your own learning. It could take you a few dozen man-hours to get the technology down. There is training, both online and at regional Christian music gatherings.
Thanks .