Ball Earth conundrums

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
I would argue modern church music is hypnotic. Thats why I prefer the traditional church music.
Same here. I was singing with a friend a song before the Declaration of Independence was signed. The lyrics were amazing poetry.

Some of the contemporary songs are 10 verses of the same chant.
That really annoyed me at the big mega church.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Starting a teaching with "I would like to begin by saying that I am not the most humble man alive, but I am certainly not arrogant" is very, very sketchy to say the least

If one has to try and convince others they are "the most humble man alive" and "not arrogant" that alone is reason enough to not read any further! :rolleyes:

It's already been proven the earth is round so the flat earth thing has been debunked and defunct.
You can "prove" it all day long. People believe what they will.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Starting a teaching with "I would like to begin by saying that I am not the most humble man alive, but I am certainly not arrogant" is very, very sketchy to say the least

If one has to try and convince others they are "the most humble man alive" and "not arrogant" that alone is reason enough to not read any further!
Did you not quote him as saying "I am not the most humble man alive"...???

I would certainly agree that it seemed a little strange that he would put that in his post; however, I think he believed it would serve a purpose as part of the "set up" for what he expressed in the rest of the paragraph.

Romans34

... let God be true ...
Oct 28, 2023

I would certainly agree that it seemed a little strange that he would put that in his post; however, I think he believed it would serve a purpose as part of the "set up" for what he expressed in the rest of the paragraph.
Thank You GaryA for pointing this out. I had debated on whether I wanted to do the same myself. The reason I started with that statement was to express that the presentation wasn't given out of arrogance, but sincerity. I'll not re-write the entire paragraph (because anyone can go back and read it), but the part about arrogance having no place in Truth is still true.

The statement about not being the most humble man alive was simply to state that I understand that I have my opinions just like everyone else and don't consider myself above other people (more blessed indeed, but not better than). And while I was much more opinionated in my youth, the last few decades have proved very humbling experience and, as I said, I know that I am not arrogant.

Why do I say all of this? Well, I'm sorry to have to say it, but there is a LOT of arrogance displayed on this sight. It's unfortunate, because when expressed has a way of destroying the credibility of the speaker no matter how much he thinks he knows and speaks the truth. Jesus is TRUTH, and I believe those that will know the Truth (and try to live it after they come to know it) will take on the characteristics of the Master, among which are compassion, humility, and meekness. No matter how much one expresses his opinions that he believes to be Truth, HOW he expresses it doesn't go un-noticed.

Dec 29, 2023
Thats why I prefer the traditional church music.

You mean they ones they used the song from the drinks in the pubs in England back in the day and just changed the words?

That's as bad and I hear some have taken the satanic song highway to hell by the satanic band AC-DC and change the words to say highway to heaven and thing the Lord is pleased with that. He's not.

God's Word says to sing a new song unto the Lord (Psalm 96), so we should not be lazy and re-use the devil'
s music. Let's write new words and create new music!

Dec 29, 2023

Starting a teaching with "I would like to begin by saying that I am not the most humble man alive, but I am certainly not arrogant" is usually a good sign there is some arrogance going on.

If one has to try and sell others on the idea that they are not arrogant, it usually means they are.

Why do I say all of this? Well, I'm sorry to have to say it, but there is a LOT of arrogance displayed on this sight.

Another way of saying "I don't agree with some people here so it must be because they are arrogant" :ROFL:

Zandar

May 16, 2023
As far as the US we sing gospel, southern gospel and hymns. The hypnotic music played today comes from punk rock its just slowed down. They repeat the same words 50 times and I dont get any thing out of it.

a US hymn from 1906,

Come unto Me
And I will give you rest
Take my yoke upon you
hear Me and be blessed
I am meek and lowly
Come and trust My might
Come, My yoke is easy
and My burdens light.

a modern song

You never stop
You never stop working.
You never stop
You never stop working.
You never stop
You never stop working.
You never stop
You never stop working.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
As far as the US we sing gospel, southern gospel and hymns. The hypnotic music played today comes from punk rock its just slowed down. They repeat the same words 50 times and I dont get any thing out of it.

a US hymn from 1906,

Come unto Me
And I will give you rest
Take my yoke upon you
hear Me and be blessed
I am meek and lowly
Come and trust My might
Come, My yoke is easy
and My burdens light.

a modern song

You never stop
You never stop working.