banana-toffee-pie (a must try..)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sakura

This is what i consider "greatest comfort food ever" whenever something awful happens (apart from praying and mediatating on God's words) this is what i usually do. and the good thing about it, is that it'll only take 35mins to make(no baking needed) Here it goes, hope you enjoy making it(and eating it) ^_^

INGREDIENTS:

Base:

• Graham crackers or digestive biscuits about 10 pcs- crushed finely
  • 50 g softened butter

Toffee:

• 150 ml sweetened condensed milk
  • dash of nutmeg

Topping:

• 2-3 bananas(any kind, ripe)
  • whipped cream
You will also need a bowl (as big as you would prefer^_^)

Procedures:
To assemble base, combine crushed biscuits/crackers and softened butter. press the mixture in a bowl then cover with cling film. chill for 10 mins.
to make a toffee, you can either do the traditional way of putting the can of milk on top of boiling water( but i tell you this is gonna be messy) or do it my way( which i just found out after getting tired of doing it traditionally) pour the condensed milk in a microwaveable container (e.g. pyrex bowl) set the temperature to high, and heat the milk for around 8-12 mins or until it looks a bit brownish, but you should keep an eye on it, as it will tend to overflow. when you see that it's bubbling, just take it out and stir with a fork, then put it back again, continue doing this until you got the perfect shade of slightish brown. (it may tend to overflow every 2mins so u shud be very watchful.) never overcook the milk or you'll get toffee candy insted of toffee caramel. your toffee should be not too thin, nor not too gooey, (you know what i mean, right?) then let it cool for about 2mins.
take your base out of the fridge and pour the toffee over it, then put back inside the fridge for another 10-15mins, or until you're ready to eat. then you can cut your bananas and assemble nicely on top of the toffee. finish off with a generous amount of whipped cream..enjoy!
GODBLESS!!^_^

Cherries

Feb 21, 2007
that sounds so good, i want too try it when we have the crackers and bananas :D thanx for sharing this, God bless you!

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Mmmmmm sounds great, a recipe that I think I might be able to make lol.

D

depressed_angel

OMG! I LOVE PIE! i am so trying this :)

S

sakura

oh, i hope u like it..it's a very nice comfort food. trust me.
take care guys! GODBLESS^_^

M

Matthew

Banofee Pie = Delicious!

S

setapart

This is what i consider "greatest comfort food ever" whenever something awful happens (apart from praying and mediatating on God's words) this is what i usually do. and the good thing about it, is that it'll only take 35mins to make(no baking needed) Here it goes, hope you enjoy making it(and eating it) ^_^

INGREDIENTS:

Base:

• Graham crackers or digestive biscuits about 10 pcs- crushed finely
  • 50 g softened butter
Toffee:

• 150 ml sweetened condensed milk
  • dash of nutmeg
Topping:

• 2-3 bananas(any kind, ripe)
  • whipped cream
You will also need a bowl (as big as you would prefer^_^)

Procedures:
To assemble base, combine crushed biscuits/crackers and softened butter. press the mixture in a bowl then cover with cling film. chill for 10 mins.
to make a toffee, you can either do the traditional way of putting the can of milk on top of boiling water( but i tell you this is gonna be messy) or do it my way( which i just found out after getting tired of doing it traditionally) pour the condensed milk in a microwaveable container (e.g. pyrex bowl) set the temperature to high, and heat the milk for around 8-12 mins or until it looks a bit brownish, but you should keep an eye on it, as it will tend to overflow. when you see that it's bubbling, just take it out and stir with a fork, then put it back again, continue doing this until you got the perfect shade of slightish brown. (it may tend to overflow every 2mins so u shud be very watchful.) never overcook the milk or you'll get toffee candy insted of toffee caramel. your toffee should be not too thin, nor not too gooey, (you know what i mean, right?) then let it cool for about 2mins.
take your base out of the fridge and pour the toffee over it, then put back inside the fridge for another 10-15mins, or until you're ready to eat. then you can cut your bananas and assemble nicely on top of the toffee. finish off with a generous amount of whipped cream..enjoy!
GODBLESS!!^_^
that sounds amazing i must try it it sounds like confort! lol

B

blessedsinner

I made 2 banoffe pies Easter Sunday it is a very easy recipe and it is divine .My guest just loved it .

S

sakura

oh.. i'm glad ur guest loved it:) GODBLESS ^_^

A

Ashla

oh gosh banoffe pie is my favourite, i got sick of making it for a while because my friends would ask me for it all the time!

Dec 12, 2009
Mmmm Now that what im talking about!

Nov 2, 2009
wow - that looks great and really easy! i'm so going to try it out! thanks for sharing :)