Battle with Weight

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jamie26301

May 14, 2011
I feel kinda selfish that I'm asking for prayer for this when there are more dire needs on this prayer list, but I feel no request is too small for God.

In the past year and a half, I have gained almost 30 pounds. I feel very unattractive. I'm 150 pounds and though there's many women who would love to be my weight, I feel like it's out of control and I need to get back to what I was: 125 pounds.

Over the past year and half I have gained and lost a little, gained more and lost a little. It's been up and down but I have been at this weight for a while now.

Can I ask you to pray I will have strength to exercise and will power to turn down fattening foods?

Can I also ask you for any weight loss tips you may have?

Thank you and the peace of God be with you all.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Father give jamie the confidence that she can do all things through you and strentgh to lose weight and to feel great about herself
In Jesus name amen

Eat very healthy, baked foods, vegetables, no cooking oil or chips ect,usually your body will tell you what you need.Eating healthy
makes you feel good as well
YOU CAN DO IT! in JESUS NAME

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I will pray for you jamie. God bless

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Hugs Jamie, put on some weight myself because of medicines, Im trying to lose it also.
You are in my prayers in Jesus, for all you ask.
And no, it is not to small a request. :)

The best advise I can give is, avoid processed foods and be more active, exersize never fails.

Hugs and God bless
pickles

Oct 20, 2011
Here's the thing, often with so many physical aliments the problem is often never actually a physical one but more a psychological one. All I'm saying it most often you need to work on your mind as much or more than on your body. If you wanna change your body just change your mind. For example if you keep looking in the mirror and you keep saying "I'm overweight" guess what? You'll likely gain a lot of weight. As a man thinketh in his heart so his he. So if you keep exercising and eating right and always just keep telling yourself how attractive you look that's the most important thing for building confidence and healthy self esteem. I know this is the prayer forum not the advice forum so I don't want to ramble either. I'm just saying this cuz I use to be so overly concerned about the same kinds of issues. It's not uncommon at all though, so it's no big deal anyway. Dear lord please help her to get to the ideal weight she wants thank you amen.

S

shekaniah

Praying for Jesus to lead and direct your heart and mind!
I'm sure you look great!
In HIs Love, Shekaniah

Keenen

Apr 20, 2012
l.facebook.com
I will be praying for you. Have faith in the Lord and his power. Keep the faith and the Lord will change your mindset and how you see yourself. Look to God for motivation and he will see you through. I am dealing with the same problems. With me I loss the motivation to exercise and eat right. I have faith in God and he tells me to eat salad and stay away from fried foods. IF you have faith in God he will guide you with the right foods to eat and he will motivate you to work out.

Try both working out and doing yoga. You don't have to spend no more than 30-45 minutes a day for at least 3 days a week exercising. Get used to asking God what to eat and he will help you decide on something healthy. For me he tells me to eat salad even when I don't feel like eating salad but he helps me get in the mood for salad. Instead of drinking juices and soda try drinking water. In the bible it says to drink water from you our well. Also try cutting the portions you eat. Try getting full mostly off of vegetables and fruits. You may also eat healthy snacks like fresh fruits and nuts in between meals that will keep you from eating a meal when you don't have to. I know that this may be hard but you may also just start to be more active and spend less time in bed or on the couch. Losing 30 pounds is not that hard if you make changes in your daily life. Ask God to show you what you can do to lose more weight.

Hope this helps. :)

jamie26301

May 14, 2011
Thank you so much everyone for you prayers and advice. I knew most of this, but Canadian36 made a important doctrinal statement that I had forgot..."as a man thinks in his heart, so he is." Besides eating right and exercising, I will try to say to myself "You're attractive, you're getting there..."

Thanks so much everyone!