Battles

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
It seems that is all one sees lately, one battleing another, that one battleing back.
The thing is, we are not called to battle each other.

Eph6:10 Finally, draw your streangth from the Lord and His mighty power.
11 Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil.
12 Our battle is not against human forces but against but against the principalites and powers, the rulers of this world of darkness, the evil spirits in regions above.
13 You must put on the armor of God if you are to resist on the evil day; do all that your duty requires, and hold your ground.
14 Stand fast, with truth as your belt around your waist, justice as your breastplate,
15 and zeal to propagate the gospel of peace as your footgear.
16 in all circomstances hold faith up before you as your shield; it will help extinguish the fiery darts of the evil one.
17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the spirit, the word of God.

As spoken to here we are to arm ourselves in the armor of God against the powers and principalities of evil.
Now some will debate that we are to speak the word against those one believes is speaking incorrectly.
But this scripture does not speak about what we do to human forces, but the principalities and powers of evil.
When one is in need of correction, scripture speaks as to doing so with love.
So this is not about our battles against human forces, but the principalities and powers of evil.
With all the battles latley among each other, something has stood out.
Why do any of us think we are the one to win this battle ourself??
Because if one thinks they are the only one to speak, then why are we called to take one the armor of God?
Simply because we are not the one that has won this victory.
Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh is the victor and armor given by God Our Father through His Holy Spirit.
Simply said, why does one think they are the one to defeat when the only victor is Jesus!
While reading all the battle posts, I considered what the NT speaks to in Jesus and acts through revelation.
These scriptures speak to what one, us, need to do to be safe, and who will keep us safe.
All these scriptures point to Jesus.
Jesus told one what each of us need to do, what to be watchful for, how one will be saved and safe.
Even Peter and Paul spoke to ones responcibuility in being victorius in Jesus.
I do not recall much scripture about tearing down each other or any one of us being the one that crushes the enemy.
Yes, to correction, with love.
But not much on any one being the crusher.
Why, because we are called in Jesus, Jesus is the victor!!!!
The only one spoken to do against any evil, is ones own acceptance of Jesus and ones call to all that is given in Jesus.
The only enemy is the powers and principalites of evil.
Not each other. :)
May each of us seek the armor of God, the streangth of Jesus, truth as your belt, justice as your breastplate, gospel of peace as footgear,faith as your shield, helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit, the word of God.
May we all see who the true victor is and what we battle. :)

Thankyou Lord Jesus for being all we need!!!

Finally, let us remain clear minded so that we can pray!!

in Jesus, God bless.
pickles
Ps, yes Jesus spoke against some indiviguals, but those were the ones that spoke agaist His salvation,
of lack of faith.
Just figured I better add this. :)
In Jesus, God bless.

C

Consumed

wise words pickles, good counsel 

A

AnandaHya

thanks pickles for your words.

may God be glorified with our words and actions, not man.

May 21, 2009
Thanks Pickles! I haven't ever seen no arguing ever since I ever been here. Actually things have been worse here different times. I think people get carried away with the fact that it isn't a face to face talk. I think some are much more bold on typing than they would be in the other person face.

If things get too out of hand ask God to put a stop to it. Last time the whole thing was going on with this one poster and calling us ignorant and there were many others who came in to say ugly things to everyone I prayed and told God wasn't this going on long enough. If he thought so put a end to it. Get rid of the ones causing the most problems. The whole site got all messed up and was closed down for a long time and the worst ones didn't come back.

Power of God in Jesus name Pickles!