Be Honest with God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Becky216

Each morning we need to come clean with God. If there is anything between us and God, when we try to pray and get into His presence, it will bother us until we deal honestly with it. God wants us to confess our faults. I have found over the years in a ministry of dealing with our people, and also in dealing with my own flesh, that we don’t really like to confront wrongdoing as we should.

Most of us like to make excuses, but excuses keep us deceived. An excuse is a reason stuffed with a lie. The Bible says that the truth will set us free (John 8:32). Honesty with God will free us to enjoy our whole day.

Psalm 26:6-7 ~ (KJV)
I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O Lord: That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.

J

jkalyna

YES AMEN. I FOUND THAT JUST LIKE THE SCRIPTURE SAYS" SURLY THE SPIRIT IS WILLING PUT THE FLESH IS WEAK. THIS IS TRUE. GETTING SPIRITUALLY STRONGER IN THE PRESENCE OF OUR LORD, WILL MAKE US ROOTED AND GROUNDED, SO WHEN THE STORMS OR TRIALS SHOW UP AT THE DOOR, FEAR WILL NOT RULE, AS IS THE MORTAL MAN, BUT THE IMMORTAL SPIRIT STRONGE IN FAITH WILL FACE THE ABOMINATIONS AND WISDOM WILL BE OUR GUIDE.

Apr 30, 2012
Amen to that. I completley agree. Ya know this morning in the shower I came clean with God on something that had been eating away at me for some time. The more I thought about it the more I realized I was guilty and needed closer and needed reassurance and forgiveness. Se when i was 13 i statrted doing drugs and by 16 I was selling them to people my age and to people younger and i never thought or cared about what it was doing to them or what it would do to them. All i cared about was myself and the money I was making. I never once thought that I was possibly destroying peoples lives by getting them addicted to drugs nor did I think about I could of killed someone or that someone might die because the took the drugs I gave to them or anything like that. I never thought about it until recently. Now that I have been clean for a while I thought about what I did, what i had done and it became clear to me that i needed to come clean with God begging for forgiveness and begging for God to save the people I might have hurt drawing them near to him by some miracle.I just broke down crying to God about it and after I prayed and talked to God I felt like the heaviness was lifted. I think coming clear about stuff to God is releaving and just needed.

J

jkalyna

YES HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY,

A

abair

Most of us like to make excuses, but excuses keep us deceived. An excuse is a reason stuffed with a lie

God know what we hide in our minds people make excuses for themselves and they should come clean
with themselves

Oct 31, 2011
I find that first, it is hard to be honest with myself.

I used to hate to iron my husband’s white shirts. It always put me in a very bad mood so I spent that time telling the people who I felt did me wrong just what I thought of them. Me? A judgmental unforgiving person? Never!

E

EnaGoguette

yes, amen! :)

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
Becky - thanks for posting this thread. I logged on and accidentally hit the wrong forum link but was drawn to your thread by the title. This is just what I needed to read today :)

B

Becky216

Amen to that Katy!! I just glad you were obedient to God's Voice...It truly was the Holy Spirit that lead you to this post to give you a direct message...God Bless!!

S

shekaniah

Amen!

Psalm 51:10 -12
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.