Be The Miracle

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RichGladden

Banned
Jul 16, 2022
389
104
28
59
North Carolina
Please, allow me to preface this post by stressing I am in no way attempting to boast or gain attention for myself, but ask the reader to glean the true intentions of this blog entry.

I recently had to fill orders of a particular craft I do which I had made an extra set for an old friend in Virginia. Yesterday afternoon, I contacted her through social media to get her shipping address to ship the set to her. Worried by her tardy response to my inquiry, I began to consider another friend to send the set, knowing I really wanted the first friend to have them. I had thought of her the entire time I was creating the craft, remembering fond outings we shared all of which were Church functions, not that it matters much.

Luckily, she responded with a comment to a post I had made days ago, attempting to verify if it was really me, or had I been hacked. After a short game of secrets proving it was not a hacker, she surrendered her address and thanked me for the gift that soon will be mailed. During the messenger conversation she spoke of a problem she was having, a financial problem, that is causing some grief and frustration. According to her description, it was something small that could easily be handled with a little cooperation, but none was being offered.

I told her that I would add it to my prayer list and take it before the Lord. I assured her that help would come and worry was not needed. I thought a couple of Bible verses would inspire and assure her, so I provided them in closing.

As I had said I would, I took it to God in prayer. short but effectual prayer. I pondered what method God would use to answer my request, never doubting it would be answered. I know many prayers have been answered without my knowledge of the method used, and I must admit it piques my curiosity.

Then I remembered a little cash I had hidden in my wallet for something I was saving up for. I am not even close to the goal set for the intended purpose. Then it hit me like the proverbial lightbulb lighting up, that I could at least send her that little bit to at least help her. It may not solve her problem (not knowing the full details) but it will at least help. And the thought would not leave my mind. I felt I had to do it.

I heard no thunder booming in distant skies. No deep authoritative, disembodied voice commanded anything. No writing appeared on my walls, yet I knew it had to be God's will. It must be, right? I am not, by nature a generous person: in fact, I am rather self-centered at times (most times).

Never having had an original thought of my own, one phrase comes to mind, or rather two phrases, but one stronger than the other. The first and the weakest was "Answer your own prayer," which in writing appears more sarcastic than it was in my mind. The second was, "Be the miracle."

Call it pride or vanity, but both phrases pleased and humbled me. This morning, I jotted a short, simple note explaining my actions and will leave shortly to mail it to a dear friend. The excitement I am experiencing could not possibly be less than what she will experience when she gets the package.

I guess after reading all of that, I could easily condense it all into the following:

1. Continue to pray, because prayer works
2. If given the opportunity, be the answer to the prayer. Be the miracle.

My Father is a King.
I am a prince: therefore I am

Rich
 
  • Like
Reactions: TheNarrowPath
Please, allow me to preface this post by stressing I am in no way attempting to boast or gain attention for myself, but ask the reader to glean the true intentions of this blog entry.

I recently had to fill orders of a particular craft I do which I had made an extra set for an old friend in Virginia. Yesterday afternoon, I contacted her through social media to get her shipping address to ship the set to her. Worried by her tardy response to my inquiry, I began to consider another friend to send the set, knowing I really wanted the first friend to have them. I had thought of her the entire time I was creating the craft, remembering fond outings we shared all of which were Church functions, not that it matters much.

Luckily, she responded with a comment to a post I had made days ago, attempting to verify if it was really me, or had I been hacked. After a short game of secrets proving it was not a hacker, she surrendered her address and thanked me for the gift that soon will be mailed. During the messenger conversation she spoke of a problem she was having, a financial problem, that is causing some grief and frustration. According to her description, it was something small that could easily be handled with a little cooperation, but none was being offered.

I told her that I would add it to my prayer list and take it before the Lord. I assured her that help would come and worry was not needed. I thought a couple of Bible verses would inspire and assure her, so I provided them in closing.

As I had said I would, I took it to God in prayer. short but effectual prayer. I pondered what method God would use to answer my request, never doubting it would be answered. I know many prayers have been answered without my knowledge of the method used, and I must admit it piques my curiosity.

Then I remembered a little cash I had hidden in my wallet for something I was saving up for. I am not even close to the goal set for the intended purpose. Then it hit me like the proverbial lightbulb lighting up, that I could at least send her that little bit to at least help her. It may not solve her problem (not knowing the full details) but it will at least help. And the thought would not leave my mind. I felt I had to do it.

I heard no thunder booming in distant skies. No deep authoritative, disembodied voice commanded anything. No writing appeared on my walls, yet I knew it had to be God's will. It must be, right? I am not, by nature a generous person: in fact, I am rather self-centered at times (most times).

Never having had an original thought of my own, one phrase comes to mind, or rather two phrases, but one stronger than the other. The first and the weakest was "Answer your own prayer," which in writing appears more sarcastic than it was in my mind. The second was, "Be the miracle."

Call it pride or vanity, but both phrases pleased and humbled me. This morning, I jotted a short, simple note explaining my actions and will leave shortly to mail it to a dear friend. The excitement I am experiencing could not possibly be less than what she will experience when she gets the package.

I guess after reading all of that, I could easily condense it all into the following:

1. Continue to pray, because prayer works
2. If given the opportunity, be the answer to the prayer. Be the miracle.

My Father is a King.
I am a prince: therefore I am

Rich
I actually read 3 of your blogs yesterday while having a break from learning Proverbs, I was going to reply but then thought I better finish the last few chapters :)
There is this saying or series of saying by an unknown author (I could be wrong) but if I find it I will try share it to you. Your blog reminds me of it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RichGladden
I actually read 3 of your blogs yesterday while having a break from learning Proverbs, I was going to reply but then thought I better finish the last few chapters :)
There is this saying or series of saying by an unknown author (I could be wrong) but if I find it I will try share it to you. Your blog reminds me of it.
It seems so familiar, but I can not remember where I hear it or saw it, but I figured an opportunity. I then grabbed it. Thank you for your comment and for reading my ramblings.
 
This came to mind when I was reading your blog :)
Sorry if the font makes it unreadable.
 

Attachments

  • i asked God.JPEG
    i asked God.JPEG
    53.9 KB · Views: 0