Beast and the Lamb which spake like a Dragon

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LovingtheLord

Hi guys, a few days ago i was reading the bible, revelations 13 and im sure i understand it.

Tell me what you think on the matter.

The red is my intepretation.

The beast =Roman Britian
The Lamb = United States
Dragon = Satan

11Then I saw another beast(USA), coming out of the earth (earth denotes the church). He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon. 12He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf (might be talking about the time when Britian occupied America and excersiced the same authority Britian did), and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast,(maybe, America before its independance, when it was part of britian) whose fatal wound had been healed. 13And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men.(The fire which came down from heaven to earth is what happens when a space shuttle goes up, fire comes down to earth, and everyone sees the launch on T.V, youtube etc..) 14Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast,(Now america is the world power) he deceived the inhabitants of the earth.(Deceived because they thought we do not need God because we accomplished the impossible and we can do anything) He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived.(Roman Britian was pagan and after Christianity and the Bible (the double edged sword) came to Britian it would the Paganism but was healed) 15He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.(All who opposed of the ways would be killed ) 16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead,(I use to think the mark was something phisically put on but today at school it him me, could it be referering to the brain, maybe the number of the beast on the forehead represents the way one thinks, (when someone says i will use my right hand it could mean; to use your authority, so the mark on the right hand could mean using your authority for evil) 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.
18This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man’s number. His number is 666.

That's all i have so far, while writing this i just learnt some other stuff and added, DO YOUR OWNN RESEARCH, i'am just showing you what i've found, im not even completely sure of all the points, i rushed it.

Aug 18, 2011
Hi guys, a few days ago i was reading the bible, revelations 13 and im sure i understand it.

The beast =Roman Britian
The Lamb = United States
Dragon = Satan

11Then I saw another beast(USA), coming out of the earth (earth denotes the church). He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon. 12He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf (might be talking about the time when Britian occupied America and excersiced the same authority Britian did), and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast,(maybe, America before its independance, when it was part of britian) whose fatal wound had been healed. 13And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men.(The fire which came down from heaven to earth is what happens when a space shuttle goes up, fire comes down to earth, and everyone sees the launch on T.V, youtube etc..) 14Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast,(Now america is the world power) he deceived the inhabitants of the earth.(Deceived because they thought we do not need God because we accomplished the impossible and we can do anything) He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived.(Roman Britian was pagan and after Christianity and the Bible(the double edged sword) came to Britian it would the Paganism but was healed) 15He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.(All who opposed of the ways would be killed ) 16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead,(I use to think the mark was something phisically put on but today at school it him me, could it be referering to the brain, maybe the number of the beast on the forehead represents the way one thinks, (when someone says i will use my right hand it could mean; to use your authority, so the mark on the right hand could mean using your authority for evil) 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark,which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.
18This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man’s number. His number is 666.

That's all i have so far, while writing this i just learnt some other stuff and added, DO YOUR OWNN RESEARCH, i'am just showing you what i've found, im not even completely sure of all the points, i rushed it.
Well I do not agree with you personally but the mark of the beast is a literal action as in RFID chips etc. as well all bar codes contain the # 666 look it up on you tube as that seems to be where you say you get your info from.
There hasn't been a figure set up as a place and figurehead of global worship yet but it is coming!

The deception itself could be manifest in the U.S. but the scripture points to a city not a country. I.E. New york........Jerusalem.......it's up for grabs...

Understanding revelations is a very intricate thing and requires much study of the scriptures perhaps you should pray to god for wisdom on this topic and it will be given to you if he is in accordance with your thoughts or not?
Study the scriptures more on this and use the books of Isaiah and Daniel and Ezekiel along with Revelations and your quest for knowledge and wisdom in this will come to fruition.

Selah

D

DaivdM

nah sorry, I don't agree with you interpretetation

T

Toirniuil

The beast =Roman Britian
The Lamb = United States
Dragon = Satan

11Then I saw another beast(USA), coming out of the earth (earth denotes the church). He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon. 12He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf (might be talking about the time when Britian occupied America and excersiced the same authority Britian did), and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast,(maybe, America before its independance, when it was part of britian) whose fatal wound had been healed. 13And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men.(The fire which came down from heaven to earth is what happens when a space shuttle goes up, fire comes down to earth, and everyone sees the launch on T.V, youtube etc..) 14Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast,(Now america is the world power) he deceived the inhabitants of the earth.(Deceived because they thought we do not need God because we accomplished the impossible and we can do anything) He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived.(Roman Britian was pagan and after Christianity and the Bible (the double edged sword) came to Britian it would the Paganism but was healed) 15He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.(All who opposed of the ways would be killed ) 16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead,(I use to think the mark was something phisically put on but today at school it him me, could it be referering to the brain, maybe the number of the beast on the forehead represents the way one thinks, (when someone says i will use my right hand it could mean; to use your authority, so the mark on the right hand could mean using your authority for evil) 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

Why do you assume that the USA is at the centre of everyone ;)

T

Toirniuil

*everything

L

LovingtheLord

OK, thanks!

Feb 9, 2010
I believe the beast is the man of sin,who claims to be God,and the Lamb who spoke as a dragon is the false prophet,which both are thrown in the lake of fire before the start of the millennial reign of Christ.

Chapter 13 covers who is ruling physically,which is the 10 horns,which is the world divided in to 10 sections with a leader in each section,so the physical domain is mentioned,with the ways of the Lion,Bear,and Leopard,who are Babylon,which represented human religion,Medo-Persia,which represented physical cruelty,and Greece,which represented human wisdom,representing the kingdom of man in it's entirety.

America is not mentioned as a world power in the Bible,or as a king,for America is not a world power,nor has it ever had dominion,not in the past or now,as Babylon,or Greece,or the Roman Empire.America is a powerful nation,but not a king like Babylon,or the other kings,because America does not have dominion like that,not being able to enforce their ways on other nations like the kings,dominions in the Bible,although America will try to influence them by peace.

While America is not mentioned,for the physical dominion and power is already laid out,which is the 10 horns,that covers the whole earth,America is the key to the beast system being set up.

No America,no beast system.

L

Laodicea

A beast in Bible prophecy represents a king or kingdom, so the 2nd beast in Revelation 13 is a nation, water represents a multitude of people Rev 17:15 so the earth would be the opposite not many people and the lamb is Christ.

So in Rev 13 the 2nd beast is a nation that arises from a place with not many people who start with Christ like principles but will eventually speak as a dragon (Satan) and will cause the whole world to worship the 1st beast.