Been On Too Long (Poem)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Seeking-Christ

I've been on too long,
So I thought I'd write a song.
42 and still don't know where I belong.
Won't be long until my life is all gone.
Heaven is growing near,
I ask God to give me nothing to fear.
Hell is below,
It's a place I don't want to go.

Is there any love on earth?
They seem to tell me I have no worth.

But I got a heaven,
It isn't far away.
So I don't want to delay.
Let's go home.
It's so a better place to roam.
Just got to get my sins atoned.
Then in heaven I won't be alone.

Perhaps I should come clean,
And help you to know how I lean.
God seems to have put us on this earth,
To reach more people, so that He can give them eternal life.

But He seems to have put me in isolation,
So maybe through Revelation, my Hell will be turned into my vacation.

Things are never as easy as they seem.
That is how I lean.

* Poem Explanation: I'm not particularly happy in life. It seems like God put us on earth to reach the lost. Yet in my life, I've become isolated to the point where i don't think I'm able to serve him in that capacity. There are other emotions mixed in this poem as well. Kinda the way I feel I have always been treated in life. Starting with my old school life, to how I get ignored at work, and even at Church. So i just take those emotions and mix them around. There is another thing in this poem. Some frustration with the concept or should I say concepts of Salvation that keep floating around in the Christian Church. I just saw a guy who says Ray Comfort is teaching a False Gospel lol You know? After hearing the guy out, I think Ray Comfort might not be a "false teacher" but I think he's a bit mistaken. He seems to be telling people to repent, and then once you do, stop sinning. It's good advice, to stop sinning. But what happens to someone after they think they got saved, and then they wake up and realize they are still sinning from time to time? Do they keep asking Jesus to forgive them over and over again?

I realize neither Ray or Kent are perfect. Kent has done some things I don't approve of. But I think there is a point made in this video to consider.

Ray Comfort Exposed By Kent Hovind | Lordship Salvation False Gospel

Even the Church I come from, sorta makes you feel like you need to keep repenting over and over again. It's always funny too. They always seem to pick just certain key sins.

S

Seeking-Christ

If you notice, Ray Comfort always picks the sins in the ten commandments. What about the sins of Anxiety, and Worry? I wonder if He's one of those that believe some sins send you to hell, and others don't. I really have heard some ministers say that. I even have a book called "Go And Sin No More" by Dr. Micheal Brown. He says when He travels, wherever He stays, He asks to have the TV removed from his room, so that He won't happen to watch anything "bad". He makes the argument that not all sins are the same. Of course He attacks the sin of lust, the most. If you listen to some ministers it seems like the sin of lust is the only real sin there is. I'm not saying they believe that. I'm saying the way they talk, you can get that impression.