Been Sick for some time...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

David_48001

Hey, everyone. I don't usually do something like this (coming into the forum and asking for prayer). Actually, I rarely ask other people for prayer at all; I kind of feel as though it's selfish of me because there are so many other people out there that are in more need than I.

In any case, I'm here because I've been sick for over a month. The doctors don't really know what it is and they've guessed that it could be gallbladder issues (although they then later said it was unlikely) and they also said that it's exacerbated by my anxiety disorder. Some family members think part of it is due to allergies (which I've never been known to have), some think it's an ulcer because they've had similar issues, and other think that the majority of it is just anxiety.

I've been to the E.R. 4 times in the past month or so. First time because I was so sick that I couldn't keep hydrated and I lost 7 lbs in a few days time. The other times were due to other complications that I won't go into.

It really sucks because I currently live in the dorms at my University. I missed the first two weeks of classes and going to classes currently takes every bit of my strength to do. I don't have the strength to hang out with friends, and the people around me (my roommates) are either apathetic or don't understand.

So I guess the prayer request is this: That God will give me strength and remove this weakness that I have. That He will heal me and remove this illness. That I will be able to spend time with my friends, be able to go to my classes without straining myself, and be able to involve myself in church activities.

Please pray for me, CC! This illness is really affecting my life.

T

Tobby17

Prayers can move mountains.. Be sure to see some changes as you get prayed for :)

S

shekaniah

God wants us to ask for prayer, don't ever think that it's selfish ...that is satan trying to keep you down.
God want's us to help each other, it brings him joy! God Bless

Matt 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for you in Jesus Christ is Lord.

God bless.
pickles

H

holydaveholy

Hi David. Milk Thistle extract. Praying for you. God bless.

R

Ramon

We will pray. May Jesus bless you.

N

NMsmile

Jesus David_48001 needs your healing power. Earthly doctors don't know what is going on but you are the great physician. Holy God touch my brother. Teach him that he is valued by you and by the body. Touch him. Guide the doctors. Holy God Thank you for hearing our prayers. Amen

M

Maya86

Not selfish to ask for prayers at all! Its part of fellowship really.. if we can't ask God, who else can we ask? :)

Sounds to me like some kinda bile-duct thingy together with the gallbladder. Again, I don't know what your results were in the string of tests they conducted but feel free to pm me with the results. :) Completely agree with holydaveholy- milk thistle extract or 'silimarin' or Liv52 should help. Try soy milk and have more yoghurt. :)

Praying that God illuminates the doctors and that He heals you. :)

Hugs,
Maya