Being a Christian

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
How does one go about being a Christian? Certainly there is more to it than just reading the Bible.

M

mule

Believing Jesus?

K

kenisyes

I think we would all agree it's following Jesus as Lord. The problem is knowing for sure if you are following Him.

When you have an idea that you think is: "Every case stands on the testimony of two or three witnesses." The two witnesses should be the Bible and the concensus of the other Christians you trust enough to assemble with and to speak into your life. The third witness, when you have it, is the experience of what God has done in your life.

G

Graybeard

obeying the commandments of Jesus.....

M

mule

St. John 13: 35
By this shall ALL men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
Yes, it is more than reading the bible.
To become a Christian, a sinner must admit their sinful state, believe that Jesus died and rose from the dead for their salvation, and have faith in Christ's atoning power to forgive and cleanse them from sins, and they will be saved. Then they must walk in newness of life.
Romans 10:13- For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Jul 12, 2012
How does one go about being a Christian? Certainly there is more to it than just reading the Bible.
Lifeless: to know the definition of what Life is.

Dec 14, 2009
Following Christ doesn't need a heading. I am not a Christian. I am a person. Like everyone else. No better. No worse.

Ask yourself 'how do i give and love with patience, kindness, mercy, forgiveness, understanding, insight, patience, more patience, without judgement, without keeping score, without malice, greed, impatience, self'servitude, with joy, and honesty, and then some patience.,

Capture your own sins. Your own thoughts. Your own downfalls. Make yourself better all the while helping others, especially those in need

Clothe the homeless. Feed the hungry. Visit the widowed and fatherless and help the oppressed .

Belief in Jesus is more than saying 'i believe'.

True belief in something means you dont need to profess . You know it to be true. And just do it instead.

B

Bea22

Personal walk and experience with God... I really cannot think of anything that is more important than that... because to know Him is to have life eternal... though we confess with our lips, and have love and the fruit of the spirit and obey all His commandments and live perfectly... if we do not know Him, we know nothing...