being afraid of death

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

madona

i was just wondering why when we walk beside the cemeteries we feel so scared ?
or when we think that we are going to die we do every thing to change the idea from our minds
why are we always afraid of death ?
i think that the only reason of that is because we don`t trust in God ,because we know that he is going to give us asecond life after we die
Or: we are afraid of death because we know that we are wrong and doing bad things in our life so we are not sure about what we are going to get after death
i just wanted to share the idea with you to hear some thoughts and opinions even if i feel that too

W

wwjd_kilden

You know, I was gonna ask that, but I didn't dare, cause I didn't know how to word it..

I don't fear death (of course no one will believe this if they do themselves...)
I really don't. Now I'm not saying I would not be scared if someone held a gun to by head.... but death IN ITSELF I do not fear, cause I see no reason to

doing bad things has nothing to do with it, thanks to the blood of Jesus Christ. Not that we should do them because we "can" of course, but as long as we have accepted Jesus into our lives, and TRIED to turn away from sin, we do go to heaven, even if we fail at the not sinning part

so yea, I also wanna know why people who believe they will go to heaven fear death

D

dannychedid

Jesus guaranteed our after-death destiny. He said we'll be in heaven and with Him IF we believe in Him. In fact, lots of Christians welcome death and they strongly believe they defeated death as our Lord did. He defeated death by death.
Of course, if someone points a gun to your head only the brave ones won't fear. However, this 'vanishing' earthly pain worth it when we know we are heading to the heavens of God. The Eternity!

daddycat

Feb 15, 2007
Death is a curse. Man was not created to die. It was only the entrance of sin into the world, and its resultant corruption, that made living things begin to die. I have watched people die, and it was not pleasant to see their living systems shut down. To me, death is a fearful thing, mostly because of the pain of it, and also just the unknown--no one has been able to come back and tell us what it's like to die. Not that Jesus, by His sacrifice, has not defeated death and removed its victory. He has. But... to be honest, I'm not looking forward to it. Death is not a good thing.

daddycat

Feb 15, 2007
And yeah, I know I'm not a teen.... Oops :p

N

nanabean

Death is a curse. Man was not created to die. It was only the entrance of sin into the world, and its resultant corruption, that made living things begin to die. I have watched people die, and it was not pleasant to see their living systems shut down. To me, death is a fearful thing, mostly because of the pain of it, and also just the unknown--no one has been able to come back and tell us what it's like to die. Not that Jesus, by His sacrifice, has not defeated death and removed its victory. He has. But... to be honest, I'm not looking forward to it. Death is not a good thing.
And yeah, I know I'm not a teen.... Oops :p

I'm not a teen either, but I have to say I agree with (you) daddycat, fear of death is alot about fear of the unknown. I don't really think I am so afraid of "being dead" as I don't feel I WILL be "dead" since I beleive wholeheartedly that Jesus already died for me (for ME??? whoooa!! for EACH ONE of us??? even bigger whooooooaaaaaa!!!! how amazing is that??) but, the actual act of dieing...yes that can still scare me.....and your right, madona, I DO tend to "do every thing to change the idea from (my) mind"!!
I would like to add though that I am not scared of walking beside or inside a cemetery, nor would I say I feel being "afraid to die" is a sign that a person doesn't trust in God. I know that's not the case with me! I trust Him for my everything! Like I've just said though, I do fear dieing itself, and I have uncertainty as to what Heaven is like?? but don't fear it, because Jesus will be there!

S

sunshine_debbie

Even suicidal people are afraid of death. Man was not born to die. Its a scary transition even when you KNOW you are going to heaven. I have always been afraid to die. So much so that I have anxiety attacks. Yet I pray for Christ to return to take me to Heaven. So how much sense does THAT make?

Debbie

M

madona

ok ,maybe i was wrong in some positions cause death also makes me feel so scared ,but i don`t know why ?even if i trust in God
but when i know that jesus will be there for me in heaven ,it never fears me

D

dannychedid

Maybe people are more afraid of the 'moment of death'. They say, will I feel pain? Or maybe others are scared because they feel they will never get to see their beloved ones. They are scared of the horrible separate from them. I don't know... I'm just guessing.

A

asamanthinketh

death is the one and only thing that everyone faces in this life, it makes us all equal, although we don't live like we are
the manner in which death comes can be scary, because uncertainties about suffering, pain, loved ones, injustices that happened in your life, anything unsettled between you and others and you and GOD

A

asamanthinketh

when i pass by a cemetery i often think where are they going to put all the bodies of all the people that are still living, it just doesn't seem to be enough space