Being Tested and wwjd_kilden

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
I have long believed heaven is repentance, because of personal experience and this Bible verse:

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17 RSV

I was a bit confused when wwjd_kilden once said that we must be tested. Her statement didn’t seem consistent with my belief. I argued that it wasn’t that we were being tested, but rather we had new things to learn.

I think though that she was right. Certainly I have been tested over and over again recently and haven’t always passed those tests. Jesus always leads me to repentance, though.

Perhaps I was right, though, when I said that we are always learning new things.

B

Bea22

Both :)

Testing brings learning --
Without revelation we don't really understand what we are talking about. To do with repentance, without messing up sometimes, we don't know about the grace and mercy of God. We can say we do, but we need to realise we are sinners and make mistakes before we can truly appreciate the blood and what it means.

Someone who is perfect in their ways and never makes mistakes will never be crying out to God for forgiveness with everything they have. They may cry out to God for forgiveness but is it like someone who has messed up and really needs it? He came for sinners, not righteous people. It is the people who seem like nobodies that He singles out and takes special interest in because they realise they are nothing and that He has poured His love on them for no reason except that He is Love.
Every human being wants to be loved unconditionally. Those who are the hardest to love are the ones who appreciate it more.
Every human wants to be forgiven and it is those who don't deserve forgiveness that appreciate it more when they receive it. Repentance is all about learning for the one who repents and all about testing for the One who forgives. Testing to see how sincere and humble we can be and how we can pass that forgiveness onto others.

A

Ariel82

:) its great when you can say Your BOTH right and learn from one another!

James 1:2-4

New King James Version (NKJV)

2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.