believe

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sweet_eyes

Do ypu believe in love at first sight?

J

JLBSTORM

Honestly I dont know. I thought I did, but was wrong. so now at a loss.....

L

Leilaii425

i find that so silly. love at first sight. How can you love someone when you dont even know them???? whats there to love about them, they havent even opened their mouth to talk yet and already you love them...... thats not logical. You can find someone attractive at first sight sure, but love them. no no no. i dont believe in that flighty stuff. I think love is hard work and its a tough word. Love means commitment, sacrifice, work, its not fluttery feelings.. or emotional highs. I think people get confussed with infatuation and love.

May 21, 2009
I belive there's lust at first. Which someone might think is love. How could you love someone if you don't even know them?

eugenius

Jul 17, 2009
i find that so silly. love at first sight. How can you love someone when you dont even know them???? whats there to love about them, they havent even opened their mouth to talk yet and already you love them...... thats not logical. You can find someone attractive at first sight sure, but love them. no no no. i dont believe in that flighty stuff. I think love is hard work and its a tough word. Love means commitment, sacrifice, work, its not fluttery feelings.. or emotional highs. I think people get confussed with infatuation and love.
Amen. I totally agree. Wow a woman who thinks logically rather than emotionally. :p

T

Taelin

I have no idea, but it's happened to me before, we're both of us was in love at th first time we met. And to be honest, he was the only guy I dated whom I was serious about! =)
*fond memories*

Sep 2, 2009
happens every time i see miley cyrus:)
heh, ok yeah thats probably just lust.

L

Leilaii425

miley cirus is like 17...................

C

Cobblepot

If you believe that (romantic) love is a pure and beautiful thing, then it's impossible to believe in love at first sight. This claim rests on two assumptions:

1)Blind people are denied love at first sight.
2)If love is good and pure, it won't immediately exclude someone simply because they are handicapped.

If you accept these two statements, Reason demands that one of the following suppositions is true:

A. Love is beautiful and pure, and is thus available to everyone, despite their handicaps. The discriminatory nature of love at first sight thus renders it an oxymoron.
B. Love is not beautiful and pure; it's a primal Darwinian instinct, and thus excludes people with handicaps. Being a capricious, arbitrary emotion, love is possible at first sight.

Personally, I'm not sure which of those two views I believe in.

Last edited:
L

Leilaii425

If you believe that (romantic) love is a pure and beautiful thing, then it's impossible to believe in love at first sight. This claim rests on two assumptions:

1)Blind people are denied love at first sight.
2)If love is good and pure, it won't immediately exclude someone simply because they are handicapped.

After accepting these two statements, one would have to assume one of the following to be true.

A. Love is beautiful and pure, and is thus available to everyone, despite their handicaps. The discriminatory nature of love at first sight thus renders it an oxymoron.
B. Love is not beautiful and pure; it's a primal Darwinian instinct, and thus excludes people with handicaps. Being a capricious, arbitrary emotion, love is possible at first sight.

Personally, I'm not sure which of those two views I believe in.

Blind people believe in love at first brail.

L

Leilaii425

That would require the Queen Mother of all pimply foreheads.

or one having a piece of card board and pen strapped around there neck so they can poke holes in it.

sweetnshy

Sep 10, 2003
I do believe in love at first sight. However, I don't think it's so much that you're instantly in love the moment that you meet. I think it's more like a premonition that you WILL fall in love with that person. I also think it's easy to confuse love at first sight with lust at first sight. I know some people who say they knew their boyfriend/girlfriend was "the one" the moment that they met, and then 6 months later they've broken up. But I've also known older people who have been married for 50 years who say that when they first met, they knew that was who they would marry.

T

Tegelik

I believe in crush at first sight. A pointless illusion meant to be broken. No love at first sight.