"Ben is Back," Movie Trailer About Mother's Devotion to her Addict Son; Julia Roberts Lucas Hedges. Kathryn Newton. Courtney B. Vance. Dec. 7th, 2018

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
This looks like a good movie, although not Christian-- It highlights the ravages and dangers of drug addiction, and a mother's devotion to saving her son's life. I'm a strong supporter of the dramatic de-criminalization of certain drug crimes, and newly popularized, bi-partisan (political support) for dramatic (revolutionary) justice reforms that direct suffering people to emergency detox for severe medical dependency. Medical dependency is mainly a medical problem, (and emotional/spiritual) not a criminal problem.

The traditional centuries old, obsolete methods that impose more suffering upon addicts, is a clear violation of the 8th and 14th Constitutional (American) Amendments against inflicting "CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT," in the case of drugs--medical suffering, and for the disabled it can also mean suffering and death due to denial of emergency medical care. The old ways of fighting drug abuse are destroying our nation's safety, clearly discriminate against women, and young people, by placing them in danger, violating their rights, and causing permanent emotional PTSD trauma due to institutional shock, not being designed for modern society.

As taxpayers, we do not pay local, state and federal authorities to slowly put to death, disadvantaged, vulnerable, low-level offending American citizens, most of whom are denied legal representation. It is clearly discrimination and "cruel and unusual punishment," to further punish vulnerable people, including women and young people, who have likely resorted to desperate means, such as drugs, because of their inherent vulnerability that led to PTSD later in life.

According to bustle.com (https://www.bustle.com/articles/959...that-illustrate-the-abuse-injustice-they-face) (July 9th, 2015--Madhuri Sathish)
"60 percent of women in prison are there for non-violent drug crimes..." with a 7-year average time, and,
"One-third of the incarcerated women in the world [are] in America."

This why former president Obama pardoned Ramona Brant, who was given a LIFE SENTENCE for involvement in drug sales due mainly to severe abuse and control of the druglord. He also states in a commentary--harvardlawreview.org Jan. 5th, 2017-- that America can no longer afford to pay 80 billion to support 2.2 million people, many of whom are needlessly in prison, as already mentioned. Obama also stated in the Washington Post (Jan. 26th, 2016; Juliet Eilperin), after banning solitary confinement for juveniles in federal prisons that, "it doesn't make us safer," and that "it's an affront to our common humanity." As a moderate Republican, I consider former President Obama's justice reforms to be heroic, and in keeping with the first words of Jesus in Nazareth: "to announce freedom to all humanity imprisoned upon the earth." (paraphrase).

Former Maryland governor, Martin O'Malley: "America’s criminal justice system is badly in need of reform. For too long our justice system has reinforced our country’s cruel history of racism and economic inequality—remaining disconnected from our founding ideals of life, liberty, and equal treatment under the law."

Governor Walker of Alaska: "The system is broken."
One of the reasons I am involved in justice reform is due to a lifetime of suffering from PTSD, depression, and other social/spiritual bondage issues, which has led to mood issues that help me identify with other groups of people who have suffered in America, such as African-Black American's, and native peoples, and through contact with other groups of vulnerable citizens.

I got involved with justice reform when people started dying from horrifying deaths here in Alaska prisons, many in an Anchorage complex, often begging for medical care, including one person with a mood condition from California who suffered and died over 8 days in solitary confinement, and a young lady with a medical dependency condition who left this world while enduring severe medical withdrawal, denied the emergency level of medical care for such conditions. I also advocated at the courthouse and in the paper, for a young teen who was being threatened with prolonged, excessive jail suffering for the tragic wrongful death of a popular cyclist, believing that he would not support such revenge.

There were 25 prison deaths here in Alaska during an 18-month time, including 12 in 2015, and the young lady January 10, 2016, which was 2 weeks before a large earthquake occurred here on January 24, 2016. I was not correct in previous statements that the quake occurred on January 10 while she was in the jail. This is my recalling of the events of those weeks leading up to her untimely, tragic and unnecessary passing, 8-days before Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and 2-weeks before the large earthquake. I'm not sure how I made the mistake in the research equating the quake while she was there. But, there is a correlation and symbolic connections, including Martin Luther King Jr. Day, which honors the civil rights activists work for Negro civil rights in the 1960's. One of these is the racial discrimination in America related to the justice system, as well as socio-economic factors.

I was distraught, like many in the world, over the terrorist attacks in France on November 13, 2015, another one December 20th, and then the attack on Charlie Hebdo and deaths of 12 journalists by the lost, confused, atheistic pseudo-religious legalistic Islamist death-cult of idolatry, who blaspheme the true God of peaceful humanity, by waging war against people who enjoy life and freedom, simply because they have neither. I stated in the local newspaper e-edition comments, that France should stage an accidental nuclear test to warn them. Obviously, this was not the right idea, and France took responsible action.

It was also during this time, that the local prison deaths were in the news here in Anchorage. On November 13, 2015, the same day of the attacks in Paris, France, the governor here, Governor Walker's office released an administrative review of the prison deaths, that were so severe, they could be labeled "crimes against humanity." In one account, it was stated that the responsibility deferred to the next level above the overseers on the floor. In some countries, individuals would be held responsible to an international court, face life-imprisonment, or even execution. Indeed, occurring on the same day, the administrative review described a system as void of humanity as the pseudo-religious monolithic system that produced the deaths overseas. Both resemble machines designed to deny people of their lives, freedom and/or meaningful humanity: One can be the result of even possession of a criminalized plant; the other the result of possession of a free-mind refusing to assimilate with religious insanity.

I could not find the actual e-edition posts, but, I believe my anger progressed to asking God to destroy the above-mentioned facility with a large earthquake. I was pretty specific, recalling the 1964 9.2Mw Anchorage quake, I asked God to split the building in half, just like in the Bible. It was during December--(December 11) also, that an Alaska native man was arrested for loitering, and placed in a cell with a dangerous, unstable individual, who then murdered the man who had some emotional issues, as well as having a disability of deafness. You might recall the Sandra Bland case in Texas where a promising new college employee, who may have resisted arrest due to cannibis-impairment and/or emotional mood issues, died after 3-days in a Texas tomb. And recall that it was December 10, 2015, that the young lady passed away in the facility here.
On January 7th, the same day that Charlie Hebdo and the journalists in France were killed, the governor of Alaska released a third video of the horrifying death of the disabled man, Devon Mosely, whose death outraged lawmakers across the state.

I believe it was during the first week of January, that I prayed that the earthquake occur, although I downgraded my request to one that would give a serious warning, rather than loss of life. The prayer request was confirmed by a prophetic dream of a large button suspended over a volcanic range, and then it occurred within approx. 3-weeks. I think my prior confusion over the prayer and quake was that I had prayed, unknowingly, while the young lady (Ms. Green) was dying in the prison, not that it occurred then, as I had formerly researched, a few days after Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

Former President Barack Obama stated in his Inaugural address that, "the ground has shifted beneath their feet." And, indeed the ground did shift on January 24th, 2016 here, centered in a volcanic range near Anchorage, just hours before he announced (Monday) that he was banning solitary confinement for juveniles in federal prisons, citing the devastating psychological consequences, and the tragic death of the young teen accused of stealing a backpack, Kalief Browder. For such a minor offense, it was clearly, without question, "cruel and unusual punishment," a violation of the 8th and 14th Amendments of the American Constitution.