Bible states that Earth is a rim and we live inside. Part II

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 22, 2013
Part I: http://christianchat.com/blogs/truth1/3739-bible-states-earth-rim-we-live-inside-part-i.html

What about the flat Earth ?

The idea of the Flat Earth derives from the Aramaic word Chug (חוג). This word found in Isaiah 40:22 is not the same as the original. It means something completely different.
The underlined text above says: “Earth conceived as a disc”. What does a disc look like ?

Is there a Greek word for disc that could have been used if such a term was found in Paleo-Hebrew text ? Yes: δίσκος

2 more verses with γύρος.

Heaven is described with the same word as the Earth. I remind you that etymology of the word γύρος is a rim, circle that encompasses something that is inside.
What is inside the circle of the Earth ? Heaven.

Job 22:14 A cloud is his hiding-place, and he shall not be seen; and he passes through the circle of heaven.
Septuagint: νέφη ἀποκρυφὴ αὐτοῦ καὶ οὐχ ὁραθήσεται καὶ γῦρον οὐρανοῦ διαπορεύσεται

The heaven is also a rim that encloses something. What is it and what does it all look like ?

There are in fact..two Heavens. The bigger, blue dome is the Heaven from Job 22:14. It is also called the Firmament.

What is inside the Heaven ? There should be something because we already know the etymology of the Greek word meaning a circle.
Inside the Heaven is Heaven of Heavens.

Deuteronomy 10:14 Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens belong to the Lord thy God, the earth and all things that are in it.
Chronicles II 6:18 For will God indeed dwell with men upon the earth? if the heaven and the heaven of heavens will not suffice thee, what then is this house which I have built?
Nehemiah 9:6And Esdras said, Thou art the only true Lord; thou madest the heaven, and the heaven of heavens, and all their array, the earth, and all things that are in it, the seas, and all things in them; and thou quickenest all things, and the hosts of heaven worship thee.

Isn’t the sky supposedly neverending ? If so, how can it be a limited circle ?
There is one more verse in which the word γύρος was used.

Sirach 24:5 I alone compassed the circuit of heaven, and walked in the bottom of the deep
Septuagint: γῦρον οὐρανοῦ ἐκύκλωσα μόνη καὶ ἐν βάθει ἀβύσσων περιεπάτησα

As we can see the translators of the Paleo-Hebrew texts into Greek used the same word to describe the shape of Earth and heaven:

γύρος

Which means a ring that encompasses something that is inside of it.

Proposition of individual study.

I decided to describe one more verse concerning the..bent sunrays from the Hollow Earth picture on the previous page. I will add more verses concerning different aspects of the subject to look up on your own. Who’s interested enough will surely check them and probably easily connect them with argumentation presented on Skycentrism videos.

Psalms 104:2who dost robe thyself with light as with a garment; spreading out the heaven as a curtain.

In Esaias 40:22 we read that God stretched the heaven (Firmament) like a tent or a chamber to live in it.
God covered Himself with light as a garment. How can you cover yourself with something ? Only when you are inside.
The sunrays that hit the Earth..go back to the core of Universe (Heaven of Heavens) thus covering God with light as a garment.
Watch this part of Skycentrism concerning sunray: Skycentrism part IV - Sunray, Day/Night cycle, Seasons (napisy ENG, English subtitles) - YouTube (captions and annotations)

Verses to look up on your own: Job 37:18, Ezekiel 1:22, Isaiah 14:13, Genesis 1:16, Psalms 19:1
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Skycentrism videos: ka rol - YouTube
DIY: Is Earth convex or concave ? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...l=pl&forcehl=1

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
your working definition of the word γύρος is incorrect:

γύρος (gýros) m, plural: γύροι (gýroi)

1. bout, round, perimeter, rim
  2. gyro, doner kebab
  3. lap, round, tour (sport)
  4. tour, turn (work)

it doesn't mean a geometrical "ring" so much as it means "circuit"

the Greek for a "circle" is κίρκος
the Greek for a "ring" is δακτύλιος

neither of these words is used. the word that is in fact used is not a term used to describe geometry, but a term describing totality, extent or completion of a set course. if one has gone all around the
γύρος, one has traveled the entirety of the breadth, no matter what the actual shape of the course is. there is no connotation of topology in the word γύρος