Bible Study Advice Please

• Thread starter NewChristianBlossom11
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

NewChristianBlossom11

Hey Everyone.

I am a new christain and was wondering if anyone had any good tips, advice on the best ways to read and study the bible?

Also looking for some good Bible Study Programmes online if anyone knows any, please post the links?

Thanks Heaps!!!

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Before reading the bible, pray to God. I use Ephesians 1:17 a lot.

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

A

AnandaHya

Personally I like audio sermons :) I recommend Spurgeon ;)

C. H. Spurgeon Audio Sermons

you can read the Bible verses discussed in them and pray about it all.

Oct 31, 2011
My views aren’t very popular, but do listen to them and think about it.

Always keep a question in your mind “is this an idea of men’s interpretation or is it a word of God”. Don’t study men’s ideas, study to learn of God.

God first communicated his principles to us through the Hebrews to show them the pattern of how He works in our world. The Old Testament is the basis of the New Testament. Understanding it is like understanding grammar school before you go on to the high school of the New Testament.

The Hebrews had a different thought process than we do so the necessary Old testament is hard to understand if you don’t learn what that difference is. The computer will explain it to you, it is called Greek thinking and Hebrew thinking. The OT talks to people who thought with Hebrew thinking.

A lot of the New Testament has to do with Paul explaining Christ to the gentiles of that time. The Jews would have liked to have gentiles follow their traditions of worship, God does not require that of us. Be careful not to take this so far that you forget God our Father. Christ said “I and the Father are One”. Always keep in mind the people the New Testament was talking to so you understand why it says what it does. All scripture is God breathed, everything must fit together or we are misunderstanding.

What an exciting, satisfying journey you are starting on. It leads to beauty you have no conception of, yet, as you follow this path.

Jun 24, 2010
It would good for us to hear your testimony on how you became a new Christian.