Bible Study Romans 8:1-11 Surrendering to the King. He is not far away. He is here.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

OwenHeidenreich

Welcome :)
I started reading Romans after watching this guy, Todd White, preach from the Holy Spirit. In one part of the sermon he was preaching about how he grew in the Lord so fast. How he came to preaching the way Jesus did, and speaking and healing the way Jesus did. People would ask him "How did you get prophecies and healing gifts from the Holy Spirit so quickly?"
His response would simply be, "I shut out everything in my life. Everything. And did what God told me in his word, and listened to what God told me outside of his word. I obey everything the Spirit whispers in my ear."

That is the way he grew in the same exact faith that Jesus had. It is so simple, Love is so simple. This inspired me to shut out everything sinful in my life. The thought of being able to love people for a living inspired me.
God bless him and his amazing journey that he is having with the Lord, and the Holy Spirit's message will speak to you.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Something that the Holy Spirit has taught me was how to really read God's word. he lead me to read slowly and to also think about the meaning of each word, as well as the meanings that are "between the lines".

Never before has "read between the lines" seemed like such an amazing piece of wisdom... until God says it!

Try reading Romans 8:1-11 AFTER you read this message.
Before you read this message, say a quick prayer in your heart that The Holy Spirit can read these words to you like a father reads a story to his children.

Romans 8 - NIV (not king James because i like to read in common English)
8:1-4
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do (because it was weakened by the flesh,) God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh,in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

We don't have to be so conscious of sin anymore! Dont Fear Sin, Fear God Who Conquered Sin. it is not who we are. It is not our identity in Christ Jesus to be slaves, ruled, or intimidated by sin. We are now in the image of God so we cannot be ruled by sin.

It is impossible if you live IN the Spirit that lives IN you.

You who have troubles with sin, live with the Spirit, inside the Spirit, by the Spirit, for the Spirit and from the Spirit!
Avoiding Sin is not something that should require effort any longer.

We should understand, as believers, that we have been SET FREE from the law of sin and death, by God who became flesh. If Jesus could do it, you could do it. anything that Jesus did, you can do. John 14:12
LET'S WAKE UP IN THE MORNING AND SAY "THANK YOU GOD THAT WE ARE NOT SLAVES TO SIN."
evil cannot tempt the Lord who lives in you. :)

8:5-8
Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

OOOOWWW... THIS IS GOOD.

This goes back to the lesson from Todd White, about how he let go of EVERYTHING.
When we preach the Gospel to the unsaved... How could the person who is hearing us truly want the God we are preaching from?

If they can't even see the Jesus we are inside of, why would they want what we have?
We should show the devil that we do not have desires of the flesh in us any more. We should make the devil feel like he is failing his job.
Be the Light, God speaks in so many ways other than words and feelings.

We should look at Jesus as an example of "HOW" to live the Spirit, just like Todd White realized. LIVE IT OUT!!!
Jesus would not have a desire to watch TV, or play a video game. His only desire was God.

I am not telling you to not watch TV, I am using the "what would Jesus do" phrase so the Holy Spirit may convict anybody and everybody who is called to live this out. (BY THE WAY -- its an awesome way to live! i'm only 15 and i'm already LOVING to serve in this war that we've already won.)

If we still have these desires of the flesh we will die! The Mind governed by the Spirit is LIFE and PEACE.

WOAH.

He is saying that these worldy desires are NOT life. but that the Spirit alone is PEACE and LIFE!!!

When you aren't ensnared by the world, you are truly at peace because you will see God for who he really is.

The Spirit that the Father really wants to show you... Really really really really wants to show you... lives inside of you already, all you need to do is surrender yourself to the KING.

He is so amazing when He speaks through you to the unsaved, to really show others the love that God has for us.

Every day of your life, You could hear the Holy Spirit's voice whisper in YOUR ear, and prophecy about a man or woman walking on the street.

And He would tell you about how they really need God! The Holy Spirit could then change that persons simply because

The Holy Spirit gave YOU a word of knowledge that you used for the KING.

I hope you are reading this because I am almost about to cry because of how amazing God is. How many of you have prayed for the thing you wanted, but did not get it? I have.

Jesus calls us to believe, and carry the burdens of others!
How much are we missing out on? How much are we not walking, living, seeing, preaching, showing, hearing, feeling and loving about God? Why are we missing these things that are not far off. they are not far off they are not to big to hold.
HE IS IN YOU. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS WORSHIP THE KING, AND GIVE YOUR LIFE BACK TO HIM. SURRENDER TO THE KING, SERVE THE KING BECAUSE THE KING SERVED THE WORLD.

This life that is "just a vapor" james 4:14 SO LETS LIVE IT OUT, CHURCH! :)

Why would we continue in the things Jesus already put to death? How could this please God if we sit back and wait for our Prince to come save us.

8:9-11

You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives lifebecause of righteousness.And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because ofhis Spirit who lives in you.

We are in the Spirit Realm. LOL HOW COOL IS THAT??? The Holy Spirit can bring life to anybody around you. Who ever does not have Christ is spiritually dead, but thats the amazing thing. The Holy Spirit can live in you and change that person!!

Why would turn down an opportunity to be able to change someones life?

If you want people to be saved, then let God save people through you!

you are the best GOD has. He thinks about you everyday and he thinks about how amazing your are and all the potential you have to do his work. Let God change you, change now while you're still young. Grow in this spirit and change the world because there is no stopping the Spirit of God. He lives in you and it is so easy to just live for God because when you live for God you live for Love and that Love gives birth to a Holy Power that can radically WRECK somebodies life and change it for the better so we can all serve the King.

DONT BE AFRAID TO LET GOD CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

HOW COULD YOU BE AFRAID OF GOODNESS, SAVING, SALVATION, LOVE, KNOWLEDGE, JOY, PEACE, GOOD FUTURE, GUIDENCE?

OR WOULD YOU RATHER WAIT FOR YOUR KING TO COME SAVE YOU..... WHEN YOU'RE ALREADY SAVED.

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

This is Todd Whites Teaching. It is SOOOOO GOOOD!!!!!!! GOD IS SO GOOD I AM IN LOVE WITH GOD. BE IN LOVE WITH GOD I PROMISE HE WILL CHANGE YOU SO QUICKLY AND DRAMATICALLY AND FAST AND AWESOMELY.

[video=youtube;rSbIP640QdA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSbIP640QdA[/video]