Biblical Predestination

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
The context is "Christ" not the individual believer.

Ok, but the statement below is confusing, in that it speaks of us/man.

(just saying)

The only way men are reconciled to God is through Christ. The context of the paragraph is "Failing being assembled to the Son, there is no alternative pathway to God."

I agree with this, certainly!

Maybe it is your use of "assembled" for the reconciling between God and man that is strange.

as·sem·ble
[əˈsembəl]

VERB
assembled (past tense) · assembled (past participle)
  1. (of people) gather together in one place for a common purpose:
    "a crowd had assembled outside the gates"
    synonyms:
    come together · get together · gather · collect · meet · muster · rally · congregate · convene · flock together · foregather
I see this as refering to believers who "assemble" to praise and worship God in a Church Service.

To me, the below is easier to accept

rec·on·cile
[ˈrekənˌsīl]

VERB
reconciled (past tense) · reconciled (past participle)
  1. restore friendly relations between:
    "she wanted to be reconciled with her father" ·
    [more]
    synonyms:
    make harmonious · restore harmony to · make peaceful · patch up · repair

Anyway, it was a nice Post, I just was wondering about the lack of free will being mentioned, and more "predestination" spoken of, which, of course, lends itself to one thinking of Calvin and his teachings.

God bless
Free will does not exist. It is a carnal philosophical term used by men in rebellion to God.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
That would be FREE WILL.
There are too many instructions from God for his born again children to make choices, so, yes God has given them freedom to make their own choice about the way that they want to live their lives as they sojourn here in this world, but their eternal inheritance is chosen by God's sovereign grace, without any choices on mankind's part

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
These ARE NOT commandments from God, they are Paul's words, and they are NOT meant to be carved in stone.
You are ignoring the fact that "all scripture is given by the inspiration of God". (2 Tim 3:16). Rev 22:19 If any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy (message), God shall take away his part out of the book of life.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
he NEVER states that WE can or can not separate ourselves from God,
NO MAN, If you are a part of the human race of mankind, and God has chosen you as his adopted child, then there is no way you can separate yourself from the love of Christ. Dan 4:35, NONE (from the inhabitants of earth) can stay his hand.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
God/Jesus WILL NEVER leave or forsake us........Jesus said that, and it is in Scripture, and it is Truth! But that does not take away our free will to leave or forsake Him!
If you are a born again child of God, and you leave or forsake him, even then, HE will not leave nor forsake you. He will chasten you until your guilt will cause you to repent.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
CALVIN, OSAS, AND FREE WILL

The Calvinist's and the Calvinist's Lite guys (OSAS'ers) have one wee problem to deal with which they don't seem to be able to do, other than to either deny it's existence, or simply ignore it.

That would be FREE WILL.

You mean Calvinists don't believe in autonomous free will. As in Personal autonomy.

I have read from many reformed thinkers and they all agree in freewill/agency but not personal autonomy. However, Pelagians certainly believe in personal autonomy!

I don't think OSAS'ers would agree with you as to being Calvinist lite 😂🤣. Although it's a similar view. It could be stated that your belief is like that of the OSAS'ers in regards to synergistic regeneration. A bit of irony there 🤔

Replying to other posts above:

In regards to predestination it is indeed biblical. The idea that predestination is conforming to Christ (only) is a lingual slight of hand. It means you can still be that autonomous king of your life (in regards to regeneration) and still say you believe in the biblical truth of predestination.

However, conforming to Christ is an out flowing of predestination. Regeneration, faith and sanctification are all part of God's predestination, not just sanctification as some above have stated.

These are good conversations to have. Anyhow, time for a coffee and then shopping.. Life goes on lol. Have a good day folks👍

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
You mean Calvinists don't believe in autonomous free will. As in Personal autonomy.

I have read from many reformed thinkers and they all agree in freewill/agency but not personal autonomy. However, Pelagians certainly believe in personal autonomy!

I don't think OSAS'ers would agree with you as to being Calvinist lite 😂🤣. Although it's a similar view. It could be stated that your belief is like that of the OSAS'ers in regards to synergistic regeneration. A bit of irony there 🤔

Replying to other posts above:

In regards to predestination it is indeed biblical. The idea that predestination is conforming to Christ (only) is a lingual slight of hand. It means you can still be that autonomous king of your life (in regards to regeneration) and still say you believe in the biblical truth of predestination.

However, conforming to Christ is an out flowing of predestination. Regeneration, faith and sanctification are all part of God's predestination, not just sanctification as some above have stated.

These are good conversations to have. Anyhow, time for a coffee and then shopping.. Life goes on lol. Have a good day folks👍
I believe the scripture, in Eph 1, explains that God predetermined that Jesus would die on the cross to pay the adoption price by taking away all of the sins of those that God gave to him. The sins that they commit as they sojourn here in this world are not held accountable to them, as far as eternal heaven is concerned. Christ Jesus has made them accepted in the beloved.