Big Mountain, Big God!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

lighthousejohn

I find it amazing that any honest question asked on this site devolves into a discussion of church dogma. If we call ourselves Christians, then let us act like Christians and stop this petty sniping of one belief over another. As a protestant, one of the best sermons I have heard was by a catholic priest. He graduated from a Catholic seminary in Seattle. He used the example of Mt. Ranier which can be seen from any point in Seattle. He compared it to God. He said tha you can drive around Mt. Ranier and see it from all sides and the amazing thing was that even though you saw different aspects of the mountain, it was the same mountain. The same can be said of God. He is the same God, He just shows different aspects of His charachter to us individually. Just because I see one aspect of God does not mean that because you see a different aspect that it is not the same God.

We can choose to openly and honestly discuss the differences of our beliefs and celebrate our similarities or we can choose to attack the differences and never reach a common accord. The choice is ours.

C

charisenexcelcis

I agree. "To disagree with honorable men is not to dishonor them, but how you disagree proves whether you are honorable."

O

oopsies

I find it amazing that any honest question asked on this site devolves into a discussion of church dogma. If we call ourselves Christians, then let us act like Christians and stop this petty sniping of one belief over another. As a protestant, one of the best sermons I have heard was by a catholic priest. He graduated from a Catholic seminary in Seattle. He used the example of Mt. Ranier which can be seen from any point in Seattle. He compared it to God. He said tha you can drive around Mt. Ranier and see it from all sides and the amazing thing was that even though you saw different aspects of the mountain, it was the same mountain. The same can be said of God. He is the same God, He just shows different aspects of His charachter to us individually. Just because I see one aspect of God does not mean that because you see a different aspect that it is not the same God.

We can choose to openly and honestly discuss the differences of our beliefs and celebrate our similarities or we can choose to attack the differences and never reach a common accord. The choice is ours.
That is a very nice analogy.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Good words.
I remember reading in scripture where Jesus said that doctrine would divide his church.
God bless, pickles