Bigger range of options for relationship status...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BeauBLESSED

To be more elaborate, there are those who are not single, married or seperated from their partners, but rather that they are in a relationship with someone (namely me), or otherwise.

What would you say to being able to have In A Relationship, or Engaged, as well as what's already there? You know, like what Facebook offers it's users! :)

K

kiwi_OT

YES! Totally agree.
Ive had to set my status as married as Im in a relationship and I am constantly privated messaged by annoying random men (though sometimes that doesnt even stop them..)

B

Brianaj

I completely agree this would be amazing!

J

Jullianna

widow/widower would be great too, as this can be quite a shock to people if they don't know ahead of time. helps keep them from asking embarrassing questions :)

B

BeauBLESSED

Thanks guys! I knew I wasn't the only one and I wasn't wrong. :)
kiwi_OT, maybe those guys just want to be friends? lol
I completely agree with Jullianna too; widows and widowers would find it a great convenience.

Tell your friends! Spread the message! We want our relationship statuses known! XD

B

blueteardrop

Not a bad idea, i guess the question is, would you want it to be exactly like facebooks where you can name your boyfriend/girlfriend or just the option of saying you're in a relationship,or you are widowed or engaged?

B

BeauBLESSED

would you want it to be exactly like facebooks where you can name your boyfriend/girlfriend or just the option of saying you're in a relationship,or you are widowed or engaged?
It could happen Kas, but it's probably not as important on ChristianChat.com as it is on a widely-accessed site like Facebook. Again, it's a good thought! :)

J

jhspy1

great idea

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

there should also be an option for single but only looking if your not a weirdo or other type of sexual pervert. Could you make that one as well??

B

BeauBLESSED

there should also be an option for single but only looking if your not a weirdo or other type of sexual pervert. Could you make that one as well??
Definitely Holly! Single is, in a way, better than Not Married. Basically it would be cool to have the diverse range of options that Facebook has. :)

G

godsbluesman

I'd like to see some kinda order in the rooms--for example.If you enter a room and they are praying,not jumping up there and being rude-
since as christians we are called to communicate with God why would it matter where the prayer is taking place? and then startin stuff when asked to wait till prayer is finished? people who do that and say "I am a christian" arent cool to many of us-Soooo....can this happen or what?
actually not sure why im botherin to type this-itll be gone in an hour...but though i'd give it a shot

B

BeauBLESSED

Was that meant for this thread? Because it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. -.-

F

fromtheinside0ut

Just wanted to take a minute to agree with this thread! Maybe even just a "not single." This could mean in a relationship or just not looking for a date. Guys seem to think that any woman who is not married is theirs for the taking =P And whoever said sometimes "in a relationship" doesn't even stop them is right. I've talked about my boyfriend and gotten responses such as, "Well, if you ever dump the guy, look me up..." and then he continues! I just don't understand...

Or maybe there should just be a text box where "Relationship Status" is. Then we can be clever and write whatever we want, haha

Last edited:
B

BeauBLESSED

Or maybe there should just be a text box where "Relationship Status" is. Then we can be clever and write whatever we want, haha
That's perfect! I'm sure us Christians would be mature and responsible with a feature like this ;)
Thanks for your input! And I hope those creepy trolls crawl back under their bridge before too long