Birth Control is a sin heres why

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
I know that but some teens and unmarried people will still have sex and will use birth control to avoid unwanted pregnancy. It doesn't mean it's right though.
Well lots of teens and umarried people also arent christian and therefore dont live by the same standards we do, and then yes birth control is the preferred choice.

S

shadiejadie

you do realize he used the word of God...right? :) just saying. sorry.

leelee

Sep 5, 2011
Well, I hope as a 16 year old, with no marriage experience XD, I won't seem like the other young people on here when I say ONLY CERTAIN birth controls are considered sinful.

-Nick
the contraceptive pill stops the egg from being released. what you are thinking of is the morning after pill which is not to be mixed up with a contraceptive. the whole point of the contraceptive is that it prevents the sperm and egg fusing.

Aug 8, 2010
The morning after pill is not a an abortion pill, it prevents pregnancy it does not end it. just wanted to say that as I just read Kathleens (?) post.

May 28, 2012
Abortion is murder. Birth-control is just that. The sperm and egg never meet so there is no connection.

A woman can produce many children in her life time. Ive heard of some women producing 30 kids.
Ok. this not only causes extreme health issues for the mother but most of those children are born
with some sort of birth defect. Women are not cattle and should not produce a baby every year
just because its possible to do so .Also, with 7 billion people on this planet, are we prepared to pump
out that many more people in the next 20 years? anyone can calculate those numbers.Iit would be
astronomical. Not a pretty picture.

jamie26301

May 14, 2011
Abortion is murder. Birth-control is just that. The sperm and egg never meet so there is no connection.

A woman can produce many children in her life time. Ive heard of some women producing 30 kids.
Ok. this not only causes extreme health issues for the mother but most of those children are born
with some sort of birth defect. Women are not cattle and should not produce a baby every year
just because its possible to do so .Also, with 7 billion people on this planet, are we prepared to pump
out that many more people in the next 20 years? anyone can calculate those numbers.Iit would be
astronomical. Not a pretty picture.
So women shouldn't have as many kids as possible. But with a married couple, that's exactly what happens when there's no birth control, because sex is practically commanded by Paul in 1 Cor.

How is it you say we shouldn't use birth control, yet you think a woman shouldn't produce many kids?

L

Liz32

This is completely unreasonable... Birth control is not a sin. Birth control is used to prevent pregnancies when they are not wanted. God created sex to be used IN marriage, as a beautiful thing. Just because someone is married and having sex does not mean that they are ready to have children. I'm completely sure that God would want people to be ready, mentally, physically, and financially before they have children... That's not a sin. I'd also like to point out that birth control can be used as more than just a pill to prevent pregnancy.
And to what you said about God's first command being to "go forth and multiply"... What about all those people out there that can't have kids. They aren't multiplying. Does that mean that they are sinning...?

May 28, 2012
I never said that women shouldnt use birth control. I advocate birth control for married people. If you read what I said,
that will be clear. Also, the convo wasnt about women who have medical problems and use birth control to control those
problems. I can support that. I do believe that unmarried people, men and women should abstain from sex. Thats my
opinion and you, of course, are welcome to yours.

U

Ugly

Umm.. to people speaking to the OP, just realize he hasn't had the guts to come back and defend his position. He hasn't posted in weeks in here. I think he just likes to start drama.

O

oracle2world

Glad you can speak your mind here.

The "be fruitful multiply" thing sort of takes care of itself. The "not multiply" leaves the gene pool immediately.

jamie26301

May 14, 2011
I never said that women shouldnt use birth control. I advocate birth control for married people. If you read what I said,
that will be clear. Also, the convo wasnt about women who have medical problems and use birth control to control those
problems. I can support that. I do believe that unmarried people, men and women should abstain from sex. Thats my
opinion and you, of course, are welcome to yours.
In an earlier post you said "Abortion is murder. Birth-control is just that. The sperm and egg never meet so there is no connection."

When you say "just that," it seems like you meant "birth control is murder." You know, because you said birth control was "just that" after you said "abortion is murder." You were just a little unclear in what you said, NOT clear as in "if you read what I said, that will be clear."

And I agree with you, 100%. But I wasn't trying to start an argument, you just had a unclear choice of words.