birthday ideas

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

iraasuup

Okay, so even though this year has been pretty crummy, I've decided to focus on something a lil more positive...my 30th birthday in June.

So, I'm looking for some party/celebration ideas.

I want to do something creative and special. I'm not a great fan of huge big parties, but 30 is a pretty special milestone (and let's face it, I could do with some celebrating and fun this year).

So far my ideas are as follows:

Small girls-only night/weekend, with food, fun, music and laughter.

Night out to dinner somewhere with family and a few close friends

Some kind of themed party (but I have no idea what theme). I was thinking along the lines of the year I was born. So, maybe a theme around 1982, or events/movies/ songs etc of that year or even of the 80's but not sure yet.

So, just looking for ideas. Something that going to be fun and memorable, but also not cost a fortune.

What are some great party ideas from parties you've been to or had yourself?

Any suggestions welcome.

Please remember in June in Australia it's the middle of winter, so if the event is an evening event (which it will probably have to be) it's probably best to be held indoors.

Aug 2, 2009
The girls night out sounds really awesome Katie. Maybe you guys can have dinner somewhere then go see a play or a concert or something.

I

iraasuup

I'm kind of leaning towards that one too.

G

GreenNnice

I like this one: Some kind of themed party (but I have no idea what theme). I was thinking along the lines of the year I was born. So, maybe a theme around 1982,

'Course, for you, katydid, it would have to be a shoe theme. :D And, don't worry, you will have plenty show up, I'd say julieannie might even make the trip , just give her a free pair, or, two before she goes home. There are a few other shoe-giddy gals on c.c. too, so b ready to rent a conference room for your 'B' occassion , a big conference room for this party, K. K?

OK, I guess that's it. but, Oh, K.,what a party it will be. You will only need to shoo people away afterward cuz they had shoe much fun :D

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Hey Katie, you are an great lady and you you still have so much life ahead of you. How you celebrate this birthday isn't really important, so long as you have fun and maybe make some good memories. :)

God bless.