Birthday is to be Celebrated by Society

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 26, 2012

The birthday celebration of your child should be later on and should be done by others and not by the parents and relatives. When this child grows and does some permanent benefit to the society, its birthday is celebrated by the society. Shri Rama Navami, Shri Krishna Ashtami, Shankara Jayanthi, Buddha Purnima, Christmas etc. are performed by the society. You should not celebrate your own birthday, which will be like self-praise. Similarly, you should not celebrate the birthday of your child which is like praising your own child. I do not understand why the parents celebrate the birthday of their child.

What is the greatness of the child that is expressed in the childhood itself? Or, is it for the great act of producing a child? Even animals and birds produce children. The parents should get the real happiness of the celebration of the birthday of their child by the society in future. If this angle does not exist, you can celebrate the birthday of the child in the angle of real worship to God and getting blessings from the real devotees. One of these two angles should be present in the birthday celebrations.

M

Miri

You have some very strange ideas.
Personally I think human life and every child born is a gift from God and worth celebrating.
Each life is precious to God - so precious that (John 3 v 16) For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son (Jesus) that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

If you think human life is of no more worth than animals; and only people who you consider benefit society should be celebrated. Than how do you
explain how God put his Spirit inside of man. How do you explain that Jesus said to the dying thief - today you will be with me in paradise. How do you
explain the forgiveness of sin and salvation.

My friend you are being influenced by ideas that are not of God.

Father God I pray right now for dattas that you will open his eyes to your true nature, your love for him, your salvation which does not need to be earned as the price had already been paid by the blood of Jesus who died and rose from the dead, who conquered sin and death; and that he will see how precious he is in your eyes.

I prayer that any and all deceiving influences/spirits will depart in the name fo Jesus that he would be set free from this deception and come to know the one true living God. For there is only one God. Amen

. It sounds as though you do not think this way yourself, mayb

U

Ugly

So only people who excel in the public eye and make a positive impression on their society and culture deserve to have their births celebrated? Meanwhile, anyone else is not good enough to bother with celebrating? So only people who perform in a worldly, secular format deserve the 'praise' of celebration of their birth? And the fact that we're all created by God, in His image, on the other hand, is not important enough to celebrate. So lets acknowledge and celebrate the works of men, and ignore the fact of Gods creation over all.
And isn't that gearing towards idol worship? Celebrating people for their accomplishments? You are way backwards.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011

The birthday celebration of your child should be later on and should be done by others and not by the parents and relatives. When this child grows and does some permanent benefit to the society, its birthday is celebrated by the society. Shri Rama Navami, Shri Krishna Ashtami, Shankara Jayanthi, Buddha Purnima, Christmas etc. are performed by the society. You should not celebrate your own birthday, which will be like self-praise. Similarly, you should not celebrate the birthday of your child which is like praising your own child. I do not understand why the parents celebrate the birthday of their child.

What is the greatness of the child that is expressed in the childhood itself? Or, is it for the great act of producing a child? Even animals and birds produce children. The parents should get the real happiness of the celebration of the birthday of their child by the society in future. If this angle does not exist, you can celebrate the birthday of the child in the angle of real worship to God and getting blessings from the real devotees. One of these two angles should be present in the birthday celebrations.
Where do you people come from?

P

psychomom

Yeah, Beth...where do trolls live? ;)

C

carey

Well my birthday is tomorrow, and i am sooo celebrating!! I love birthdays, it's another year that we don't deserve to be alive, yet God in His mercy and grace chooses to give us life!

Marcella

May 26, 2011
Shri Rama Navami, Shri Krishna Ashtami, Shankara Jayanthi, Buddha Purnima, Christmas etc. are performed by the society.
So why not remind people what these other, non-Christian celebrations are about, shall we?

Shri Rama Navami is a Hindu festival "celebrating the birth of Lord Rama to King Dasharatha and Queen Kausalya of Ayodhya."

Shri Krishna Ashtami is annual commemoration of the birth of Krishna,"the eighth avatar of Vishnu," with Vishnu being a popular Hindu god, venerated as the Supreme Being in the Vaishnava sect. Hinduism also believes in a kind of trinity too, with" Brahma the creator, Vishnu the maintainer or preserver, and Shiva the destroyer or transformer."

Regarding Shankara, it is said that his "victory over other systems of philosophy was not due to a stubborn grip onto his own faith and reasoning without considering the pros and cons of others. He had mastered even the minutest intricasies of the other theories. The underlying currents of his thoughts were the foundations of the other systems. It is for this reason alone that his philosophy was recognised with much reverence by all the other schools of thought, despite differences in their superstructure."

None of this even remotely sounds like Christiantiy. The previous paragraph shows that the blending of belief systems is a common practice, but the reality is that they do not mix.

Considering that you have been repeating these Hindu beliefs throughout the forums and trying to pass them off as Christian, I figured I could repeat myself here too. They do not mix.