Birthday Woes (rant)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

thimsrebma

So today was my birthday and I spent it all alone. I got tons of birthday wishes from Facebook friends but no one in my family called me until after 9pm. Hello people, my birthday is almost over! It made me so upset. My bro and mom called around 10pm and my sis sent a text.

I think birthdays are supposed to be fun and you should spend time with the people you care about. I felt so alone today. More alone than I have ever felt. I can't believe that not even one person came to vistit me. Though this situation is copletely indicative of my everyday life, I was really hoping that on my special day, some one would actually care enuf to do something small for me.

Maybe I'm blowing this all out of proportion but I am really hurt.

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
Greetings "Thimsrebma"

I am sorry to hear that you had to spend your birthday alone today. The same thing happened to me once about 8-9 yrs ago, so I know it is not a pleasant experience. But about two years after that, I purposely chose to spend one of my birthdays alone with God, and told my friends not to come around or do anything for me, and that ended up being one of the best birthdays I ever had. And it really put in perspective for me the fact that although people will always fails us (even our loved ones) God never will. He is always with us, even when we don't ask Him to be (that is true love).

I hope this helps a little bit "Thimsrebma", oh and by the way,

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY"

"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad." - Psalm 118:24

"The Lord your God is in your midst... he will rejoice over you with gladness, he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing." - Zephaniah 3:17

Feb 1, 2011
hey sis! happeh birthday!!!! XD how are doin tonite? :D

B

BeccaforJesus

I'm so sorry about your birthday =[ Feeling alone and unloved is one of the worst feelings. For me it's even hard to accept that God loves me when people around me aren't loving. You picked a safe place to vent your feelings, I will be praying for you!
I will pray that if God wills to lead you out of this lonely chapter of your life and into new adventures, that He will stretch you and give you courage to break out of your shell and be who He wants you to be.
And if He wills that you walk through this time a little while longer, I pray that His presense will be sweet and dear to you and that you find comfort in the knowledge of His love.
Hugs to you sister, bless you.

T

twinkles

Sorry about your Birthday....happy belated birthday,may God continue to bless you and grant you more years so that you may exhalt him!!

T

thimsrebma

Greetings "Thimsrebma"

I am sorry to hear that you had to spend your birthday alone today. The same thing happened to me once about 8-9 yrs ago, so I know it is not a pleasant experience. But about two years after that, I purposely chose to spend one of my birthdays alone with God, and told my friends not to come around or do anything for me, and that ended up being one of the best birthdays I ever had. And it really put in perspective for me the fact that although people will always fails us (even our loved ones) God never will. He is always with us, even when we don't ask Him to be (that is true love).

I hope this helps a little bit "Thimsrebma", oh and by the way,

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY"

"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad." - Psalm 118:24

"The Lord your God is in your midst... he will rejoice over you with gladness, he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing." - Zephaniah 3:17

Thanx so much. I feel better today. I am going to go have dinner with some coworkers tonight to celebrate.