Black Friday strike of Walmart

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 7, 2012
There has been threats of strikes of Walmart workers tomorrow some sources say as many as 1000 stores. This of course has been tried before and the threats by Walmart corporate people given in internal meetings tells us more likely there will be thousands of new openings for employees instead of a strike.

Of all corporations Walmart is the most egregiously and lividly anti- union. While one of the most profitable corporations in the world their ability to fend off union activity is legend. Since black Friday is the time each year when most retail operations actually break even, it seems appropriate that the workers should choose that day for a strike. To add insult to injury Walmart is expecting many of their associates to man their stations during the evening of Thanksgiving instead of staying home to be with their families and be thankful they have a job in this economy.

I for once will not be buying anything from Walmart on Thursday nor from any other retailer since it is a holiday and I have my priorities elsewhere. But as a well known liberal here, I would expect to hear from the news about a huge strike at Walmarts all around the country, shaking to its roots the last bastion of ignorance and "scroogery" Yes I would love to see Walmart unionized. While threats of rising prices come along with union activity, Walmart which has forced so many other retailers to compete with them, will now be forced to compete with the other companies who share the same niche.