Blaspheme the truth

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 29, 2019
Santa Clara County
Wow really so many people out there are so confused whether they did it or not I have someone struggling with this her life is miserable she can't even pray worship or even read her Bible anymore .Right were the enemy wants her . At a stand still ... I tell to seek God for the answer because she getting so much different opinions and now she's so lost

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
You mean the unpardonable sin?
If she's stressed and worried about it, pretty sure she didn't commit it... Bring her over to the forum, we might differ and people argue about a lot of things but this is the one that most people teach straight...
You can try to give her these 2 Scriptures:

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Titus 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

If it says all, it means ALL. God isn't capable of lying.
The unpardonable sin is therefore rejecting God, and refusing to ask Him for forgiveness (like the Pharisees, because they thought they needed no forgiveness they were so cool before God in their heads).
The Scriptures cannot contradict.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
...I forgot the most important ones:

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness.
Also:
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that ANY should perish, but that ALL should come to repentance.

In other words, if you come to repentance, you're not going to perish, and that's what God wants for everyone.
Since she is concerned about what she sinned and turned away from it, it means she repents.
Also, special cases that God doesn't care about even if they repent, are nonexistent.
Thank you Jesus :)

Aug 29, 2019
Santa Clara County
Wow really so many people out there are so confused whether they did it or not I have someone struggling with this her life is miserable she can't even pray worship or even read her Bible anymore .Right were the enemy wants her . At a stand still ... I tell to seek God for the answer because she getting so much different opinions and now she's so lost[

Aug 29, 2019
Santa Clara County
I think it's more than blasphemy people fall into this state of mind Cause the constant feeling of guilt they have because of other things they are dealing with causing a separation from God We need to go God for his mercy and grace ask for forgiveness and not let the enemy lie to us thinking we cant go to God because what we did!

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Wow really so many people out there are so confused whether they did it or not I have someone struggling with this her life is miserable she can't even pray worship or even read her Bible anymore .Right were the enemy wants her . At a stand still ... I tell to seek God for the answer because she getting so much different opinions and now she's so lost
No one has posted the scripture to examine it.

Blasphemy- to speak evil against, blaspheme, use abusive or scurrilous language

Holy Spirit- fully God, part of the trinity, and resides in people to pursue, persuade, teach and guide the individual towards God and the will of God.

Mark 3:28-29 New International Version (NIV)
28 Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”

Hebrews 10:26-31 New International Version (NIV)
26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge his people.” 31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Sanctified- to purify by expiation, free from the guilt of sin.

Obviously however you interpret this, one thing is for sure. Insulting and speaking evil of the Spirit is not a good idea. Eternal sin or the unpardonable sin is understood usually in two way.

1. Once committed it is permanent

Or

2. It is only unforgivable if the individual remains in constant rebellion to the Spirit or doesn't repent and deliberately keeps sinning once sanctified.

I prefer belief 2 because it lines up more with the grace and forgiveness of God.

IMPORTANT

Belief 1 you wont know until judgment. Belief 2 is only unforgivable if you want it to be by your choices.

Either way, turn to God, repent, and walk with the Lord. Let God be the judge while we just focus on loving Him and others.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I think it's more than blasphemy people fall into this state of mind Cause the constant feeling of guilt they have because of other things they are dealing with causing a separation from God We need to go God for his mercy and grace ask for forgiveness and not let the enemy lie to us thinking we cant go to God because what we did!
I wonder if this might be what is called the dark night of the soul? Satan is a liar, no truth is in him. That very statement satan you are a liar and the father of lies is enough to make him run when one discovers the lie that’s implanted in the mind.

So I would think the answer to this persons plight is to find the lie and replace with the truth. All she would need to do then is to ask the Lord to expose it.

These are tormenting spirits, and their job is to stop the progress of Holy Spirits work in her life. For obviously the truth is that Jesus will always finish the work He has started in His own beloved children.

Tell her the Lord is wanting her to learn now the power of the Word when understood and believed in her heart. Then spoken outright.

This is our beginning of freedom from the spirit of fear.

Apr 15, 2017
She did not blaspheme against the Spirit for she would not be worried about it.

And a person cannot think they might have blasphemed against the Spirit, and have doubts, for they would know for they would do it intentionally.

But I can understand how it can shake a person up if they thought they blasphemed against the Spirit, and might take a while to get over the emotional trauma of it, but once she understands everything is alright then she will get better.

My friend that I went to Church with dedicated himself to God greatly, and never said anything against God, but he said he thought he blasphemed against God.

But he did not.

If someone is so worried, and so scared of thinking something wrong, they might think they think it.

And if she did get mad at God, but in her heart did not mean it then it does not count, and her being worried means she did not mean it in her heart, but could of been not understanding, or frustration.

Some people get mad because of the way things are on earth, and might say God why in a mad sort of way, but that is not blasphemy as long as you do not say God is the cause of the bad things that go on in the earth.

Mat 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

When the Pharisees blasphemed against God they did it intentionally, and did not have doubts, neither thought they did anything wrong.

People that say they think they blasphemed against the Spirit did not if they have doubt and did not have an intention to do it.

If you steal a car intentionally will you say you think you stole a car, and have doubts.

If she intentionally blasphemed against the Spirit she would not be so shaken up to where she is not functioning properly, and she is miserable, for people that blaspheme do it intentionally and do not have doubt but mean what they thought.

Hopefully she will realize that that she did not blaspheme against the Spirit, and say God is good and keep it that way.

Mar 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
Mar 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

For blasphemy against the Spirit is attributing evil to God when He is good.

Which some in the world blaspheme by saying God does not love them, God is punishing them, and God is causing problems on earth like natural disasters, and saying Christianity is evil, and God is a war monger in the Old Testament.

2Sa 24:14 And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let us fall now into the hand of the LORD; for his mercies are great: and let me not fall into the hand of man.

But God is not cruel but man is cruel, and God puts down a thousand to save ten thousand, and only went against nations if they became too cruel and going against His truth by allowing the evil spirits to stir up nations against them, and protecting Israel from their enemies, and perversion from the truth, for if He did not protect them the world would of wiped them out, and Jesus came through the nation of Israel.

If God did not intervene in the Old Testament more people would of been hurt, killed, and perverted from the truth.

In the New Testament God said all wars come from people, and we are under grace.

But many blaspheme against the Spirit by saying God is cruel in the Old Testament when He was protecting people both physically, and from falsehood which is no profit in the afterlife.

If a son is walking in the park with his dad and a man ran up on the son to stab him and his dad put the man down will the son say dad you are cruel, or will he say thank you dad for saving my life.

That is probably how some think they blasphemed against God not understanding and think God could be somewhat cruel, and think it, but have doubt in their mind, and heart about it, kind of knowing that it is not true, but hating thinking that and thought they blasphemed against God.

But we will be tempted and temptation is not a sin, and people can be so worried about blaspheming against God that they might think they blasphemed against God.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
The blasphemy that Jesus spoke of was saying that He had an unclean spirit.

They didn’t know God, therefore they couldn’t recognize Him standing before them. Sons of vipers He called them.

Mar 28, 2016
Blasphemy . . . . attributing the work of one to another. It is like plagiarism. Ultimately violating the first commandment not to have other gods before our unseen God. And it includes ones own self created in the image of God. We as sons of God are called gods in that way.

John 10:33-35 King James Version (KJV)
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Jesus as the Son of man refused to stand in the holy unseen place of the father . When called good master he gave glory to the father unseen .

Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Matthew 12:31-32 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men:(that in which the eyes see the temporal ) but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost (not seen, the eternal ) shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, (seen) it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, (not seen the law of faith) it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. Matthew 12:31-32

In that way its no so much unforgivable but the only way we could please him who works in us to both will and do his good pleasure.

The unseen path is always open forgiveness.

Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

The accuser of the brethren (Christians ) will be accusing them day and night right up to the last day . Walk by faith as it is written . He will flee

Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him. Mathew 4: 7-11