Blessed are the Peacemakers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

MATTHEW 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God

We make dumb mistakes. We say stupid things from time to time. We feel passionately about things. Hopefully, as children of God, we don't allow these things to completely overtake us and fill us with a constant spirit of disharmony/rebellion or an attitude of abuse toward others.

Non-christians are watching us. Young christians are watching us. We are supposed to be sharing the love of Christ, not sewing discord. If we habitually do this, we are not pleasing our Lord, we are pleasing the roaming lion who seeks to devour us all, aren't we?

Father, help us to remember the Spirit we are of. Help us not to injure one another in our passion. Help us not to put our personal need for justification above the purposes You have given us.

When things get out of hand in forums sometimes I have to close the window and walk away because of the foolishly ugly thoughts in my head that I don't want to allow to travel to my keyboard. I have to allow the fruit of the Spirit to shut that junk up.

Sometimes I think, that's it. That person is going into my ignore bin. And then I think...what if God would just give up on me like that at times?

And if a person is far off base and saying hurtful things, I worry about the effect this could have upon new believers and the damage that could be done, as shown last night in another thread. We need to be paying attention to those things, don't we?

Is it silly to get worked up sometimes over posts in a forum? Probably, to a degree. :) But, when we consider that a lot of people are dealing with some pretty heavy issues and/or are new believers who are genuinely looking for help/seeking God, is it really?

We're passionate about our faith. We're passionate about our love for our Savior and the holiness of our God. Hopefully, those are the things that stir us rather than some selfish need to prove ourselves right no matter the cost. Above all else, I want to be His. I want to be used by Him for His purposes and not my own. I want to be the child of God that He has called me to be. I want to be a peacemaker.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 2, 2009
Yes we are called to be peacemakers, but sometimes peace is not acheiveable through diplomatic means.

Thats when we have to show them who's boss... :)

B

Beloved57

MATTHEW 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God

We make dumb mistakes. We say stupid things from time to time. We feel passionately about things. Hopefully, as children of God, we don't allow these things to completely overtake us and fill us with a constant spirit of disharmony/rebellion or an attitude of abuse toward others.

Non-christians are watching us. Young christians are watching us. We are supposed to be sharing the love of Christ, not sewing discord. If we habitually do this, we are not pleasing our Lord, we are pleasing the roaming lion who seeks to devour us all, aren't we?

Father, help us to remember the Spirit we are of. Help us not to injure one another in our passion. Help us not to put our personal need for justification above the purposes You have given us.

When things get out of hand in forums sometimes I have to close the window and walk away because of the foolishly ugly thoughts in my head that I don't want to allow to travel to my keyboard. I have to allow the fruit of the Spirit to shut that junk up.

Sometimes I think, that's it. That person is going into my ignore bin. And then I think...what if God would just give up on me like that at times?

And if a person is far off base and saying hurtful things, I worry about the effect this could have upon new believers and the damage that could be done, as shown last night in another thread. We need to be paying attention to those things, don't we?

Is it silly to get worked up sometimes over posts in a forum? Probably, to a degree. :) But, when we consider that a lot of people are dealing with some pretty heavy issues and/or are new believers who are genuinely looking for help/seeking God, is it really?

We're passionate about our faith. We're passionate about our love for our Savior and the holiness of our God. Hopefully, those are the things that stir us rather than some selfish need to prove ourselves right no matter the cost. Above all else, I want to be His. I want to be used by Him for His purposes and not my own. I want to be the child of God that He has called me to be. I want to be a peacemaker.

Yea, I know where you are coming from, I was going to make a apology on a certain thread because I realize, I may have been a little to much in the flesh, but it was closed. So I had to pm, the person, hoping they accept my apology, I think I was right on, but so wrong just because of my spirit.

If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peacefully with all men.
Romans 12:18

J

Jullianna

I do want to make it clear that I don't equate being a peacemaker with being a doormat.

There is a time to say that a thing is wrong. There's a time to say that something or someone has gone too far. There's a time to say that lines have been crossed. But there's a right way and a wrong way to say those things. That's the part I want to learn to be more careful about, and don't always get right. Our humanity often gets in the way.