Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 18, 2013
Proverbs 3:13 Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding.

Sharing some pearls share if you have one.

1) Persecution happens, whom do they fight against. They fight against the Lord Jesus. (Saul Saul why do you persecute me Acts 9:4-5).
2) The world shall be judged by the Lord and by his saints. (Whatsoever you bind ..Matthew 16:19).
3) Wickedness will never be able to overcome the Lord's church (
the gates of hell shall not prevail against it .. Matthew 16:18).

[h=3][/h]

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
"And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone." Mark 10:18

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding,
In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make straight your paths." Prov. 3:5-6

"For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly." Romans 5:6

Sep 6, 2014
Jeremiah 17:7
Blessed is the man that trusts in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.

James 1:12
Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Ephesians 3:16-19
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

S

sveinen

Hallelujahz Hallelujahz :)

birdie

Sep 16, 2014
[h=2]Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding.[/h]
In standard everyday English, we use the word 'blessed' to mean most any good thing that seems to happen to us. Like: 'I am blessed to have a good teacher', or 'they were blessed that nothing worse happened'. Such usage is nice and a good way to look at life often. However, in the Bible, the word blessed is always connoting salvation. When the Bible says that someone is blessed, it means that they are saved. A good definition is found in the Bible itself: "Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin." (Romaans 4:8) Other uses of the word blessed in the Bible show aspects of the saved person... like the scripture that is the opener for this thread. The blessed person has found wisdom, and Christ himself is wisdom and he is understanding. So it could as easily be said: The saved person has found Christ.

Jun 18, 2013
Hi Birdie,
I may not completely agree with you, but in most of the cases this is fine.

The bible says Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Many people who blessed Abraham and Joseph were blessed does not necessarily imply they were saved. And also in that case what does "curse" mean.

birdie

Sep 16, 2014
Hi Birdie,
I may not completely agree with you, but in most of the cases this is fine.

The bible says Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Many people who blessed Abraham and Joseph were blessed does not necessarily imply they were saved. And also in that case what does "curse" mean.
Hi there. Thanks for chatting. I see this Genesis 12:3 verse as simply following the same definition of blessed, being saved. "In thee" is another way of saying 'in Christ', if you will, because Abraham is the father of faith for all that believe."Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end thepromise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is ofthe law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who isthefather of us all," (Rom 4:16). When the Bible says Abraham is the father of us all, it qualifies by saying that this is people of the promise and of faith, the saved people, throughout time. John 8:39 describes that some Jews of Jesus' time thought that they were Abraham's children: "They answered and said unto him, Abrahamis our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do theworks of Abraham.". It turns out that they were not, because Abraham's children are the spiritual true believers of any nation and time period. In like manner, 'all families of the earth who are blessed' in the Gen 12:3 verse you mention are the spiritual families of God, the saved ones, in my view. The Bible is written in parable language (Psalm 78:2, Mark 4) and some words which seem obvious in present English usage must be compared scripture with scripture to get at their Bible meanings (1 Cor 2:13).
As many as recieved him, God gives power to become children of God, of his family. Thus, whoever blesses Abraham is recieving him, is saved. The word curse that you ask about is the opposite in my view. It means whoever does not receive Christ (and thus Abraham) is an unsaved person, cursed.

Last edited:
P

psychomom

1 Cor 1:23-24
but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness, but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.