Blueberry Shortcake

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

iraasuup

Ooh this is so much fun, posting my favourite recipes...Thanks for the new forum Robo :)

Ingredients:

100g (31/2 oz) hazelnuts
280g (10oz) self-raising flour
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
165g (5 3/4 oz) raw (demerara) sugar
150g (5 1/2 oz) blueberry jam
1 tablespoon demerara sugar, extra
fresh blueberries, to garnish (optional)

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 180 C (350F/Gas 4). Lightly grease a deep 20 cm (8 inch) round cake tin, and line the base with baking paper.

2. Spread the hazelnuts on a baking tray and roast for 5-10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Put in a clean dish towel and rub together to remove the skins, then roughly chop.

3. Mix the flour, cinnamon, sugar, butter and half the hazelnuts in a food processor in short bursts until finely chopped. Add the eggs and process until well combined. Press half the mixture onto the base of the tin, then spread the jam evenly over the mixture. Lightly knead the remaining hazelnuts into the remaining dough, then press evenly over the jam layer.

4. Sprinkle the extra suagr over the top and bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Leave in tin for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Garnish with fresh blueberries if desired, and serve with cream.

Happy baking!!

framester

Jan 4, 2010
Well katie, I've had a management teacher before and she was raving about this BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE,
Well I've never heard of the SHORTCAKE, but judging from how it looks - Well it must have tasted better. AYE! :D