Bob Larsons Ministry

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kisses1990

I have a big long story to share but I don't have the time to type it out now. I still wanted to create this thread so I won't forget later. I will be editing this post with my story and thoughts.... but until then

How do you feel about what he is doing? He supposedly exorcises demons all over the world. Is he the real deal? Or is he another scam artist?

U

Ugly

Can't edit a post after 5 minutes.

I used to be a fan of Larson's. Until i found out more details. I think he's sincere, but i think he's way off. He has people in his church who get 'exorcized' on a regular basis. He blames possession for every little thing. Addictions are always labeled as possession. Christians, in his mind, can be possessed over and over again.
This mentality that peoples sins are not their fault, but the result of possession is a dangerous mindset.

Also, may want to post this in a more appropriate area. This section is meant for news, and having links to the site with the news you're bringing up.

D

danschance

I believe he is casting demons out or he thinks so. I think he is sincere but he does some things that bother me.

For one thing, he charges a huge hefty sum to meet with him for deliverance. I think it is 3000 US dollars for a 3 hour session. His style is very flashy and at times he seems to enjoy the money and the fame.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
I don't believe the apostles or Jesus charged for an exorcism. I don't know anything about this guy other than what has been posted in this thread, and after reading what he does I am thankful I don't know about him.

So, to answer the OP's question.... He is a scam artist.

P

piper27

Sensational and showy. Keeps the focus on the demonic rather than the freedom we have in Christ. Be careful.

I

iTOREtheSKY

I have never ever ever had a good feeling about this guy. I would tune into his shows once & a while back in the day when he was doing battle against the singer of a metal band called Deicide. It was hours upon hours of arguing,telling people they were going to hell...about how everyone was possessed,asking for $$$ all the time..not just asking..begging for it & then telling people they weren't real christians if they didn't give to his ministry. I didn't even know he was still around,that's how much I have tuned him out & so many of these other evangelist types on radio & TV. Seems like in the end most of them end up being caught in some scandal or end up turning against the bible & start preaching their own twisted belief systems. With all that said,I don't wish death on the guy. I just don't listen to anything he has to say.He needs prayer & to just chill out. :)

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Is there a Youtube video of this guy? You know, like the Benny Hinn vids with awesome background music by Drowning Pool

S

SeekingJC

He's basically a gnostic. Do some research he is claiming extra-biblical knowledge that enables him to cast out demons better than anyone else....

and you can too for $4000 bucks US.

Sickening

K

Kisses1990

K

Kisses1990

I went to see this guy last year and it was really strange. Because of circumstances, I had only gotten about an hour of sleep the night before, so maybe I was susceptible to some sort of hypnosis. But I actually walked out at a certain point. It was getting too freaky. They sit you and a small group in a little room and he gives a pretty normal sermon at first and you think it's fine. But then something happens and people all around me were freaking out. Some were shaking and moaning and yelling out. I just got up and left. I was worried that I was drugged or something because my heart started racing and I felt extremely light headed and I didn't want to pass out or become like these other people. So I left and went to the bathroom and got my head together. I was nervous about going back in but I did. Then he came up to me. He gets in your face and forces you to look right in your eyes and his henchmen get right behind you to "make sure you don't fall" but it makes you feel really claustrophobic. I really felt messed up there....and I didn't feel right all night until the next day. Maybe he really did get some demon out of me lol. I went in extremely skeptical, and now, just confused about what happened to me. My body felt so weird and different.

I brought my father with who is a strong Protestant and wanted to challenge him that no where in The Bible do Christians ever get possessed and Bob was just really forceful and snapped back "it doesn't say that it couldn't happen" or something like that.

The whole experience was really mind blowing. I really felt like I was on some drug or something. I felt like I was getting a panic attack. I'm not sure if it's just parlor tricks and using one's fear against themself or if it's something real..... It was really insane and I don't know how I feel about it. I must say, if he is a showman, he definitely is impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I think if a guy is charging thousands of dollars for an exorcism,
then it really doesn't require any further investigation.

I think that says it all.
(No one in the bible charged for such things.)

S

SeekingJC

No maxwel it's only like 399 for a regular "deliverance" it's 4000 to learn how to excercise yourself you know franchise fees and all...

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
I went to see this guy last year and it was really strange. Because of circumstances, I had only gotten about an hour of sleep the night before, so maybe I was susceptible to some sort of hypnosis. But I actually walked out at a certain point. It was getting too freaky. They sit you and a small group in a little room and he gives a pretty normal sermon at first and you think it's fine. But then something happens and people all around me were freaking out. Some were shaking and moaning and yelling out. I just got up and left. I was worried that I was drugged or something because my heart started racing and I felt extremely light headed and I didn't want to pass out or become like these other people. So I left and went to the bathroom and got my head together. I was nervous about going back in but I did. Then he came up to me. He gets in your face and forces you to look right in your eyes and his henchmen get right behind you to "make sure you don't fall" but it makes you feel really claustrophobic. I really felt messed up there....and I didn't feel right all night until the next day. Maybe he really did get some demon out of me lol. I went in extremely skeptical, and now, just confused about what happened to me. My body felt so weird and different.

I brought my father with who is a strong Protestant and wanted to challenge him that no where in The Bible do Christians ever get possessed and Bob was just really forceful and snapped back "it doesn't say that it couldn't happen" or something like that.

The whole experience was really mind blowing. I really felt like I was on some drug or something. I felt like I was getting a panic attack. I'm not sure if it's just parlor tricks and using one's fear against themself or if it's something real..... It was really insane and I don't know how I feel about it. I must say, if he is a showman, he definitely is impressive.
Read up on mass hypnosis. That's what it sounds like.

SparkleEyes

Mar 23, 2013
I believe he is casting demons out or he thinks so. I think he is sincere but he does some things that bother me.

For one thing, he charges a huge hefty sum to meet with him for deliverance. I think it is 3000 US dollars for a 3 hour session. His style is very flashy and at times he seems to enjoy the money and the fame.
WOW - A pastor who charges believers to spend personal time with him? That is horrifying. Jesus never did that. I would run...run fast in the different direction.

J

J-Kay

He used to be on the radio for a long time. Callers called in and initially
it was interesting to hear what was taking place. Eventually, it really was
bad because he was so argumentive with the caller. Really hateful. I began
to see him in a different light. Also I read a Novel he wrote, and it was horrid.
I am not afraid of supernatural, but this was in my opinion, showing what he
himself had become. I totally forgot about him. I know he was taken off the
radio for his actions. This would have been in the 80's. I did not know he is
still around. And as most have said Jesus nor his disciples charged for deliverance.
I was just talking about Bob Larson on a site this week. Glad someone brought
out more about him. He did get a TV program didn't he ? I remember now...
I can't recall when, but he and his wife were doing a program. I didn't follow
through with it. Gosh, I forgot about that.

J

J-Kay

The 6 Ways Demons Dominate By Bob Larson - YouTube

A teaching he gives on this topic. I personally will not watch a deliverance.
This link is from YouTube and a teaching how people can become possessed.
Just type in the topic and you will find it among a lot of videos he does.
Possession is real. I am afraid it is a topic that carries a lot of weight.
I prefer to keep Jesus at forefront. I had such a fascination at one time w/
deliverance. No more. But we certainly do have a lot of people who are
opening their lives up to satan. TV programs, Movies, Drugs, etc.
If you have no interest in it, praise God... and keep your heart pure and love
Jesus and keep focus on Him ~ Much safer in a wicked world. ~

Last edited:
J

J-Kay

No maxwel it's only like 399 for a regular "deliverance" it's 4000 to learn how to excercise yourself you know franchise fees and all...
I am not certain how serious you are about casting out demons out of yourself,
but seriously, I would not. If a person really needs it, inquire where there might
be a church or group who believes in this, and ask to be prayed for. There is
power in a group.

Drett

Feb 16, 2013

Sounds like he is putting the demons in not taking them out.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I think if a guy is charging thousands of dollars for an exorcism,
then it really doesn't require any further investigation.

I think that says it all.
(No one in the bible charged for such things.)

I just bought the book Exorcism for dummies, only 19.99, this dude is a rip off.