Book On the 2nd Coming of Christ

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
What is the question?
Thank you, DA. My question was directed to dcon, who (in the post I had quoted) mentioned the word "firstfruit" and how it relates to "the 144,000" as well as to "Jesus"... so my question was,

Q: "Who do you believe James 1:18's "US [/WE (depending on version)]" refers to (...provided you don't think it refers to either "Jesus" or "the 144,000" [...]) ?"

...and then I quoted the verse I'm referring to:

"having counselled [or, of His own will], He did beget us with a word of truth, for our being a certain [G5100 (or, a kind) of the] first-fruit of His creatures [or, of His creation]."

...and then I mentioned:

"['a CERTAIN [G5100] [of the] firstfruit' would mean a particular one, of several distinct 'harvests,' as I see there to be in Scripture (not to mention, in nature)]"

https://biblehub.com/text/james/1-18.htm

... my question being toward the TOP of this present post, if that helps. :)

Dec 12, 2013
Who do you believe James 1:18's "US [/WE (depending on version)]" refers to (...provided you don't think it refers to either "Jesus" or "the 144,000" [maybe you do, though?]), where it says,

"having counselled [or, of His own will], He did beget us with a word of truth, for our being a certain [G5100 (or, a kind) of the] first-fruit of His creatures [or, of His creation]."

['a CERTAIN [G5100] [of the] firstfruit' would mean a particular one, of several distinct 'harvests,' as I see there to be in Scripture (not to mention, in nature)]

https://biblehub.com/text/james/1-18.htm

[note: I believe that 2Th2:13 may also contain the word "firstfruit," as shown in some versions ['aparche' vs 'ap arche' in the Greek], but it's not likely you would agree with that, if you believe the KJV is the only accurate version. :) (there, the above question would be, concerning the "YOU" in this verse)]
James states clearly who he is addressing.....Jewish believers that have been scattered broad......and he uses different verbiage than Revelation which uses the definite article (THE)

THE firstfruits unto GOD

A Certain "type" or KIND of the firstfruits

Two different groups, two different applications....EVERY word is inspired for a reason