Book recommendations please

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
www.101christiansocialnetwork.com
Ok looking to buy gift for one believer a 16 Yr old avid reader.

They don’t read books involving magic, horror or sex, or That are based on other gods or romance.

They are bored of unrealistic happy-ever-after bad or miserable person gets saved and everything works out rosy for everyone stuff. They know the gospel already :) Just looking for adventure or fantasy or Other fiction , but within the guidelines they set For themselves.

Not looking for if you agree of not on their convictions/preferences. I don’t intent trying to change them but rather encourage them to stay true to what they feel God wants for them.

So it’s a tough call but can anyone make good suggestions please :)

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Ok looking to buy gift for one believer a 16 Yr old avid reader.

They don’t read books involving magic, horror or sex, or That are based on other gods or romance.

They are bored of unrealistic happy-ever-after bad or miserable person gets saved and everything works out rosy for everyone stuff. They know the gospel already :) Just looking for adventure or fantasy or Other fiction , but within the guidelines they set For themselves.

Not looking for if you agree of not on their convictions/preferences. I don’t intent trying to change them but rather encourage them to stay true to what they feel God wants for them.

So it’s a tough call but can anyone make good suggestions please :)
How about The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan ...
It has great adventure in it , and obviously based on the Scriptures , the movie is great to...
...xox...

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
I love The light and the Glory by Peter Marshall, and Braveheart, and This PRESENT Darkness by Frank Perritti and Piercing the Darkness and others by Perritti

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
www.101christiansocialnetwork.com
I love The light and the Glory by Peter Marshall, and Braveheart, and This PRESENT Darkness by Frank Perritti and Piercing the Darkness and others by Perritti
I know the person has a few from this present darkness author. I will check if they have others thank you :)

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I know the person has a few from this present darkness author. I will check if they have others thank you :)
Ted Dekker was a pretty popular Christian author. His books tended towards less typical Christian topics.

Tosca Lee was also a bit outside the typical Christian author. I read the book Demon: A Memoir by her and it was awesome. Inspired by The Screwtape Letters.

Eric Wilson did a Christian trilogy about vampires called The Jerusalem's Undead Trilogy.

Finding Christian books (or movies) that don't end with salvation messages is pretty difficult. It almost seems a requirement to be considered Christian.