Boy suspended for serenading.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 25, 2005
First-Grader Suspended for Singing 'I'm Sexy and I Know It' - Yahoo! News

When should children be held accountable for adult type behavior? And to what extent?
This is what happens when you take the ruler out of the teacher's hand and give it to a bunch of sociologists. Isn't it odd how the old-school disciplinarian is chastised when in reality he/she had, with reasonable punishment, protected children from the projection and politicization inherent in reactions like this?

B

bonnie2

This is what happens when you take the ruler out of the teacher's hand and give it to a bunch of sociologists. Isn't it odd how the old-school disciplinarian is chastised when in reality he/she had, with reasonable punishment, protected children from the projection and politicization inherent in reactions like this?
Lol what are you saying here? I like big words but this is too many in one sentence!

Jul 25, 2005
Hahaha, yeah I have a tendency to overuse them making me look like a know-it-all.

The old-school teacher who punished the kids outright for obnoxious behavior is now a minor-league villain. There once was a time when teachers could give children a good stiff whack for behavior like this, but some went overboard and brought the government to bare.

However, now children are subject to more than physical punishment. Far worse and more scarring things. The same sort of people who had a hand in removing the disciplinarian (ie liberals in the modern vernacular), impose their own rationalization for a child's behavior that would be similar to their own (projection) and, as they do with everything else, politicize events like this, blowing them up to make national headlines.

They used to say spare the rod, spoil the child. It has become spare the rod but suspend the kid for reasons we toss on him that fit our worldview, make nationwide headlines, and thus leave the child still spoiled, confused, socially ostracized.

S

simplyme_bekah

I agree with you totally. To me it just shows that the time is getting closer and closer to the time when our Lord will be arriving. I refuse to watch the news because it totally appalls me at what has become of the human race. But if you read the bible it talks about it and forewarns one to expect it.

B

bonnie2

Hahaha, yeah I have a tendency to overuse them making me look like a know-it-all.

The old-school teacher who punished the kids outright for obnoxious behavior is now a minor-league villain. There once was a time when teachers could give children a good stiff whack for behavior like this, but some went overboard and brought the government to bare.

However, now children are subject to more than physical punishment. Far worse and more scarring things. The same sort of people who had a hand in removing the disciplinarian (ie liberals in the modern vernacular), impose their own rationalization for a child's behavior that would be similar to their own (projection) and, as they do with everything else, politicize events like this, blowing them up to make national headlines.

They used to say spare the rod, spoil the child. It has become spare the rod but suspend the kid for reasons we toss on him that fit our worldview, make nationwide headlines, and thus leave the child still spoiled, confused, socially ostracized.
Makes sense now. And I agree.

C

CatWoman

This isnt the first time the child was found singing this song. I would think that the first time he may have been warrened. I dont know how I would handle telling a six year old what the word sexy means and why its not a good song to sing.

V

violakat

Thats the thing though, Cat, he is six. While many of the six year olds are not as naive as they were in say the 50's, they probably aren't thinking about having sex. Not to mention, this is probably one of the most popular songs of all time. In fact, he may have even heard it off of a toy hamster.

D

djness

Serenading isn't what it used to be.

L

Liz01

djness.....hahahaha, thats is an old fashion serenade....lol

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
suspending him was probably a bit of an over reaction,,,just talk to the child and explain to him why he shouldnt do that....talking still works...

L

Liz01

i think that would be interesting to see how the behavior of his father (or men in his family) is, many times the young boys imitate what adults do.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
He's a kid!!!! It was a flippin M&M's comercial for goodness sake...GEEZE!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

MrHonest

Jan 22, 2012
This is nonsensically severe. All the teacher needed to do was give him detention for being out of hand since its not the first time the teacher has felt harassed by this child -_- & I'm thinking for the other school administration to be behind his suspension they're all nuts.

1still_waters

The liberals would have had a stroke if it was a boy serenading another boy with this song. On one hand they like people to be free to express 'their sexuality', on the other they love their 'gay rights'. I wonder which of their ideals our liberals would have chosen.