Boyfriends?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

arollins12

im soooooooo confused!!!!!!!!!! okay is it wrong to have a boyfriend when your 12??????? idk bc EVERYONE does and i dont and i hav had guys ask me out and i usually just run away bc i dont know if its right to hav one! my parents dont care if i do but is it wrong? please HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

L

Leilaii425

I think 12 is to young to have a boyfriend.

Aug 27, 2005
I think it's too young as well. What would you and your boyfriend do?

J

jasperjedi

although I don't believe it is a sin really, I really don't understand know how practical it would be at age 12. I agree with Christianchk89, what would you do if you were to go out at age 12.

P

Pic-love09

i think 16 is a good age to start datin. my parents told me to wait and i picked 16. bc at that point u will b a little more mature and stronger in God. and when u come to that age and u find that ur still not ready thats ok too. go at ur own speed u cant rush into a relationship.

B

become_the_generation

i waited till i graduated high school and i dont regret that at all lol. cuz in high school life is still confusing and although you might think you know what you want, once you graduate, your entire life changes most of the time. just sayinnnnn

T

Talia_Pana

i wish MY mom and dad dint care if i had one or not!

J

jessicarulez101

I, at one point, did have a boyfreind when i was 11. i was doing that knowing i wasent suppose to since my parents dident know and i wasent suppose to,or was allowed, have a boyfreind till the age of 18. regretting my actions, i broke up with him because i was under alot of guilt pressure,and i knew i was to young to know true love,and why would you want to date you dident really like? and even if your parents are allowing you to date,still,whats the point? the point,however,that im trying to make is that your to young to know true love even if you think he could be ''the one'',and are also to young to even find true love,so that would mean that there is no way you could actually like him,whoever he is. and so like i said,why would you wanna date someone you dident actually like?

Kathleen

Oct 13, 2009
i wouldnt date when i was 11/12/13 i dont intendt to for a while and were bout the same age :D

J

JesusChaser

I don't think anyone should date until they can support themselves first. They should also be able to know where they stand with God first off. If your confused or your not 100% sure of your salvation it could cause problems. You should really ask yourself what's the reason I am getting into a relationship with this person? Just because I like them and want to get to know them? Well how about this. . .develop a friendship and then maybe you can find out if your compatable. What's the reason to get into a relationship at 16/17/18 if your not ready to get married? All i'm saying is make sure you can handle all the responsibility that comes along with this stuff. :D

D

Deadtosin

my little sister is 13 and she does the same thing (avoids the boyfriend issue) I think it is too young, especially in this day and age when people seem to so easily throw away their morality for fleshy desires and experimentation. The bible says that man and woman should leave their parents to become one in the flesh with each other. Soo lets work those two along in the same time frame... soooo 18? :)

L

Let_It_Be

Twelve years old definitely seems too young. The point of dating is to find someone to be married to, right? Well, I don't know if you plan on getting married soon or if you plan on "being together" with that person until you're ready to get married. I don't know of many people that have done that.
It may seem like everyone around you is dating, but I can assure you that they aren't, or if they are it's very shallow. My younger brother is eleven years old, and when people his age are "dating", it means that they pass a few notes in class and "break up" by recess.
Waiting to date is a good idea. I don't know about setting an age when you should start dating...it really depends on you and if you're close enough to God and if He thinks you're ready.

Rehoboth16

Aug 5, 2009
I think 12 years old is too young to have a boyfriend. In fact instead of running away from those guys that ask you out, try telling them too so that at least they know that it's not because you don't like them or anything. At this age, it's great godly friends that you need to keep you grounded in God's word. I've never had a boyfriend before either and my parents say I have to be 18 before I an date. Now that i'm 17, they want to push the age farther.LOL. I just focus on my work and on God. Get through Highschool and by the time you're heading to college and University, you're more mature. Hope that helps!!!

C

Cako53

12 deffinatly is a bit young, you arent fully matured, and you probably still haven't figured out who YOU trully are yet. If you dont know these things, how are you going to be able to choose a guy for you? I also agree, what would you do? It just seems like a useless time to have a boyfriend. My rules for dating are: Can you see yourself with this person in 30 years? if no than don't even bother. if yea than, can I talk to this person about anything I need to? if no, than not the greatest idea, maybe mature more. and if yea, maybe it is something to consider.

M

masesi

I THINK U A TOO YOUNG FOR THAT BECAUSE YOU ARE MATURED YET I DNT THNK ANY PERSON AT UR AGE CAN CONTROL HIS/HER FEELINGS BECAUSE U NOT RESPONSIBLE PLS WAIT FOR THE RIGHT TIME TO COME,STILL YOUNG

F

Foxy

im soooooooo confused!!!!!!!!!! okay is it wrong to have a boyfriend when your 12??????? idk bc EVERYONE does and i dont and i hav had guys ask me out and i usually just run away bc i dont know if its right to hav one! my parents dont care if i do but is it wrong? please HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know about you but for me it's wrong....... My parents want me to wait. I think it's GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

Mearna

Dating is meant to test and see if they are a potential spouse for you. So, if you're 12, you won't be thinking about marriage any time soon. I'd suggest 16-18 is where you should start, if you are serious about dating.

If you want to just date for fun, please remember that you're only setting yourself up to get your heart broken. Eventually you will break up and your feelings would get hurt, and you would have given a part of your heart away to someone other than your husband.

O

oopsies

my little sister is 13 and she does the same thing (avoids the boyfriend issue) I think it is too young, especially in this day and age when people seem to so easily throw away their morality for fleshy desires and experimentation. The bible says that man and woman should leave their parents to become one in the flesh with each other. Soo lets work those two along in the same time frame... soooo 18? :)
lol just graduating high school is hardly any better. I'd say 20 - when they've found a real job but everything else is exactly what I was thinking.