Breakdance and self Defence..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

POPO1991

People says breakdance it not right for a Christian and also including other dance, it seems that it is some kind of a form of worship to the devil, but then I been doing breakdance for a few months now, and these things are truly wrong statement to be said, since I started it, it brings a lot of benefit for me, and a way to attract people attention, also it is fun to do..:)

V

vahn

I've never heard of break dancing as being some form of worshiping Satan, but apparently yoga exercises worship another God.

Aug 8, 2010
My sister breakdances, well she used to, she was pretty good at it too...I don't see how anyone would see it as devil worship...or see how it could be so lol

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

This is me a few years ago when i was a 25 year old male

P

physicist

me and my friends break dance and do all sorts of other dance styles and we love the lord and we use our dance to worship him. And yeah it is a lot of fun:)

J

JaySea007

Well,

Dancing other than worshiping GOD is satanic.
Since dance was created to worship GOD, if one dances for public attraction, what's the difference between them and the pharisees who prayed loudly in the markets to be noticed by other people?
Dancing is and must be for GOD only.
Biblical reference that show worshiping GOD through Dance;

Exodus 15:20
Psalms 150:4

Hope this helps,

Blessings,
Jehoshaphat Hameed

shawntc

May 7, 2010
Part of me thinks it's a matter of personal conviction. Yes, dancing can be used as a form of worship. But that doesn't necessarily mean that dancing is ALWAYS worship. I mean, we can use song as worship. Does that mean that whenever I listen to a secular song, it's worshiping something other than God? I don't believe so; it's not one of my personal convictions.

Breakdancing probably gets that stigma because of the sort of people one usually thinks of - low lives, thugs, troublemakers. Those are stereotypes, though. What's wrong about spinning around on a piece of cardboard? Are you prostrating yourself before a false god? I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Again, let me emphasize personal conviction. If God says to you, "No breakdancing," then don't breakdance. I have a personal conviction where I refuse to watch shows like "The Simpsons", "Family Guy" and "South Park". Others don't have that conviction.

It's a matter of why you're breakdancing. Are you trying to worship Satan? I doubt it! You're probably doing it for the fun of it. I don't see the harm in that.