Bringing sadness and grief to others....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

faithandlove

Ever get the impression that your very presence brings heartache to someone else? I mean really? Literally!

It's like whenever you're there, they get quiet, frigidity or nervous. They make excuses to leave or just ignore you altogether.

This happens to me a lot. I'm not sure if my walk with Christ has something to do with it or what? But people aren't in my presence for long.

It makes me sad and very depressed to know that I can run people off without even saying a single word. But why? I'm no different than anyone else aside from my walk with Christ.

Still, I don't know why people just can't stand me. My guess is, it"s my 'people skills' or lack thereof.

I just 'ran off' someone else in my life. Poor little guy. Just couldn't stand me for another day! Maybe people think I'm 'fake' (in terms of personality). It's just that I don't really get deep into peoples' affairs and I have a tendancy to mind my own business. It probably doesn't help that I'm an introvert and most times just really don't know what to say to others.

Still, I don't like being treated like I have a scarlet letter on my forehead!

Yeah.

Ok. I guess I'm done.

Oct 31, 2011
I haven't a drop of people skills, either, never have. I think I learned it from a very critical Mom that I loved very much.

There are advantages. We make very good listeners. Most people are only interested in themselves and need to talk. And we can be very good at lightening a mood. God says we are to watch for ways to build people up. We have time to be quiet and watch for oportunities to do that.

It also gives us time for developing ourselves. Whatever our interests are, we have time to explore and develop. I'm pretty good with oil points, bead embroidery, photography, have done lots of hiking and backpacking. And I have listened to wonderful people like Tolstoy, Catherine Marshall, and St Augustine.

In lots of ways I rather enjoy being the quiet one that would never be the life of any party even if I was invited.