Buddhism Vs. Christianity

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 8, 2012
Christ didn't die for those who had the faith of Abraham, He died for those who do not. And since you're more concerned with pointing out other names like something my children may do, maybe you need to see how far I go back.
WHAT?
Jesus didn't come, live a perfect life, and become the propitiation for Abraham?
- Is that what you said?
Then the next logical question is, .....who did Abraham have faith in?
- - (All childish questions aside)

Sep 8, 2012
Is faith a superfluous thing?
Are all saved?
From Hitler and Charles Manson to the Martyr's and the Apostles?
- This is your logical argument, and it is dead wrong.

wanderer6059

Oct 27, 2013
Once you have accepted Jesus into your heart the desire to do certain things isn't there any more. So no you couldn't be a Buddhist christian.

I'd like to add the initiation process of becoming a Buddhist! That should be your first clue of a nonsense religion.

To become a christian- Accept Jesus into your heart as your lord and savior. (period)
If you are sincere, he will change your life!

To become a buddhist - ceremonies, joining temples, supporting them, blah blah blah, No point in even talking about it, Its a waste of time.
not to be that guy but
baptism, joining a church, supporting them, lot more to the start of being a christian like studying the word

Sep 8, 2012
not to be that guy but
baptism, joining a church, supporting them, lot more to the start of being a christian like studying the word
Not at all. Peter said the truth: to believe in Jesus and by so doing be baptized into a newness of life to the remittance of your sins.
To be baptized into His (Jesus') resurrection.
Period, end of paragraph.

Jul 26, 2013
WHAT?
Jesus didn't come, live a perfect life, and become the propitiation for Abraham?
- Is that what you said?
Then the next logical question is, .....who did Abraham have faith in?
- - (All childish questions aside)
Did not Christ tell you that Abraham was LIVING? God IS, not will be, not was, but IS the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob!

Nov 30, 2012
Back to the OPs question, Buddhism denies the existence of existence. It denies the world, and worse it denies pain as nothing more than an illusion. Buddhism teaches that existence is the dream of the universe/god/existence itself. In essence, existence did not understand itself, and therefore made existence.

Christianity does not deny the world or pain. God understands Himself fully, and the creation of everything is according to His plan. God is greater than His existence, unlike in Buddhism. Buddhism is about reaching a state of nirvana (extinction) in which a person becomes one with the universe. (Better put, the person ceases to exist and returns the knowledge to its true self). Christianity teaches that when we die, we either are destined for eternal joy or eternal death.

Jul 26, 2013
Is faith a superfluous thing?
Are all saved?
From Hitler and Charles Manson to the Martyr's and the Apostles?
- This is your logical argument, and it is dead wrong.
All those people you mentioned are dead, correct?

What happens upon the death of a man, Rick? If you are struggling you can find it in Ecclesiastes.

Now upon that death, how are we raised, Rick? Corruptible (which went to the grave) or INCORRUPTIBLE (which comes out of the grave)?

Hitler's dead. Only God can raise him up from that. And, how will He raise him up? See above for the answer!

Sep 8, 2012
All those people you mentioned are dead, correct?

What happens upon the death of a man, Rick? If you are struggling you can find it in Ecclesiastes.

Now upon that death, how are we raised, Rick? Corruptible (which went to the grave) or INCORRUPTIBLE (which comes out of the grave)?

Hitler's dead. Only God can raise him up from that. And, how will He raise him up? See above for the answer!
There you go.....fully denying the reality of eternal separation from God.
Jesus referenced hell more than He did heaven!
Also the fact of eternal separation is laid out in the clearest of terms in many places in the book of Revelation.
(As it is in Psalms and Job and in some of the prophets)
- But......carry on. - (Do that voodoo that suits your mind so well)

Jul 26, 2013
There you go.....fully denying the reality of eternal separation from God.
Jesus referenced hell more than He did heaven!
Also the fact of eternal separation is laid out in the clearest of terms in many places in the book of Revelation.
(As it is in Psalms and Job and in some of the prophets)
- But......carry on. - (Do that voodoo that suits your mind so well)
Just post ONE verse stating that a man will be separated eternally from God. If we go to heaven He is there. If we make our beds in hell, HE IS THERE!

But the bible does say that NOTHING can separate us from the live God has for us in Christ!

Sep 8, 2012
Just post ONE verse stating that a man will be separated eternally from God. If we go to heaven He is there. If we make our beds in hell, HE IS THERE!

But the bible does say that NOTHING can separate us from the live God has for us in Christ!
Read first, Revelation chapter's 2 & 3.
Then go to the great white throne judgement in the latter part of the same book (google 'white throne')
Also see Jesus' address of the rich man and Lazarus the beggar, the parable of the wheat and tares, etc. etc.
I mean, it's across the whole Bible. (Heaven and hell)
Look at it!
Peruse any three chapters and you will find a reference to either heaven or hell or both. (Usually both)
C'mon man!
At least be honest.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2013
Read first, Revelation chapter's 2 & 3.
Then go to the great white throne judgement in the latter part of the same book (google 'white throne')
Also see Jesus' address of the rich man and Lazarus the beggar, the parable of the wheat and tares, etc. etc.
I mean, it's across the whole Bible. (Heaven and hell)
Look at it!
Peruse any three chapters and you will find a reference to either heaven or hell or both. (Usually both)
C'mon man!
At least be honest.
I have but I do not see that. Please post them for me.

B

Bryancampbell

2 Thessalonians 1:6-9 NASB

For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

Jul 26, 2013
2 Thessalonians 1:6-9 NASB

For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,
Children of the flesh perish. In other words my real name is victor. When this body goes to the grave and I'm raised, do you think God will call out "victor"? How many will answer to that name? So it is the carnal man who is cut off that the spirit might be saved!

Nick01

Jul 15, 2013
Children of the flesh perish. In other words my real name is victor. When this body goes to the grave and I'm raised, do you think God will call out "victor"? How many will answer to that name? So it is the carnal man who is cut off that the spirit might be saved!
So you're taking Paul in 2 Thess to say that people are afflicted by 'carnal-nature people' (that is to say, not actual people but personified natures), and it is the 'carnal nature' people who will receive retribution for not knowing God and not obeying the gospel of the Lord Jesus? That everytime Paul talks about those who are perishing in 2 Thessalonians (or indeed any time anyone talks about people ever in the whole New Testament), he is in fact not talking about people at all, but simply about natures? This is actually what you're arguing?

I'd ask for you to actually justify that position, but given we're already so far off topic on this thread, I'd suggest you start another thread elsewhere (especially given you haven't actually responded to the thrust of most responses given to you - the complete disregard of my last post to you case in point). Your problem is not with Christianity vs Buddhism specifically, but is much more fundamental than that, and so is not relevant. Start a new thread.

Jul 26, 2013
So you're taking Paul in 2 Thess to say that people are afflicted by 'carnal-nature people' (that is to say, not actual people but personified natures), and it is the 'carnal nature' people who will receive retribution for not knowing God and not obeying the gospel of the Lord Jesus? That everytime Paul talks about those who are perishing in 2 Thessalonians (or indeed any time anyone talks about people ever in the whole New Testament), he is in fact not talking about people at all, but simply about natures? This is actually what you're arguing?

I'd ask for you to actually justify that position, but given we're already so far off topic on this thread, I'd suggest you start another thread elsewhere (especially given you haven't actually responded to the thrust of most responses given to you - the complete disregard of my last post to you case in point). Your problem is not with Christianity vs Buddhism specifically, but is much more fundamental than that, and so is not relevant. Start a new thread.
Please go to youtube and learn what a "straw man" is according to the law. The day your parents sign you up fur social security, you are property.

Nick01

Jul 15, 2013
Please go to youtube and learn what a "straw man" is according to the law. The day your parents sign you up fur social security, you are property.
Let's disregard the fact that you literally ignored everything that I posted previously and changed the topic. I'll do you the courtesy of answering your objection.

Three things:

1) We were talking about what the Bible says, not about some quasi-legal theory hypothetically practiced in secular courts. I'm sure you can appreciate that the one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. You want to make a case that the Bible teaches a legal straw man theory? Make your case from the Bible (ideally by responding to my previous objection)

2) Strawman theory (at least as it is usually presented) is a crock. If you like, feel free to explain more fully by what you mean by it - whenever I see someone mention it, they usually mean something different by it, which of course provides a veritable hotbed for conspiracy theories :)

3) And you're still off topic.