Bullying in schools

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 20, 2012
I wanted to start a conversation on something that has been bothering me for a long time. I think that schools of today still have no idea what to do about bullying and what the effects are on the person who is being bullied. I find so annoying that the schools dont respond to the situation until after something has happened to the person who is being bullied. Why cant schools cant take situations like that as a lesson and take necessary precautions to prevent more tragic situations.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
[FONT=&quot]I haven't been bullied but I know lots who have and I empathize with them. I can’t speak for every educational system nor generalize but I think most school authorities are aware of it; it's just that their form of discipline is so flawed that it can’t lead to deterrence.
Getting in trouble for most bullies is nothing new so being dragged to the principal's office to get a 5 minute lecture of why they should not bully is no big deal to them. That’s not discipline to me. If they have the audacity to make another person's life a misery in school then they shouldn't be in regular schools; persistent bullies should be expelled so that their parents, law enforcement, behavioral therapists, etc can deal with it. Schools should be a loving and caring environment that fosters learning not a place crammed with attention-seeking bullies; it can be very dangerous for students. School authorities need to be on alert for signs of bullying and take adequate actions (this is very much ignored). I have seen teachers who just sit there watching while another kid spits on another, mock, and exclude another student from activities. Huh? It seems to me like the teacher condones it. Some teachers can be bullies too. They are the authority figure that needs to take action.
Lastly, I think it's very important for the victims and witnesses to speak out. A problem shared is a problem half solved.

[/FONT]

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
The Zero Tolerance policy should apply to bullying as well

S

shekaniah

My kids school started an anti bulling act.
I even helped raise money for the program.
Sad news is...my autistic son is being bullied by the new rules put in place.
They need to have grace for people with disabilties.
Yes...Autistic behavior can be annoying.
But kids with out behavioral issues...need to give ones with issues grace.
Thank you, Shekaniah

A

Ariel82

there are more factors to bullying then most people consider. One kids need to learn how to stand up for themselves and NOT be victims. They need to ask for help and learn to deal with the situation. Most bullies have problems at home and typical discipline methods don't work because their parents just don't care. some of their parents probably bully them at home and/or beat them and that is where they learn the behavior. some children are abusive to women because they watch their dad beat their mom. In a perfect world bullying would not exist. I agree that it should NOT be tolerated and if the behavior is observed, it should be stopped.

However I hate to break it to you ,there are times like class changes and bus rides when supervision is minimal. There will be confiicts and most kids need to learn social skills and better methods of communication. Expelling students that annoy you can lead to some very harsh discrimination. Sometimes school may be the only place where those kids lives can be changed from being lead to a life a crime to becoming educated and functioning productive member of society.

perhaps before jumping to harsh judgments one should pray about each individual and ask GOD how we can help not only the person being bullied but the bully change him or herself. Finding the root of all the anger and bitterness may change a life.

O

onelove777

I think the bullies themselves have attributes that were given by the parents themselves. I.e- bad parenting, non christian, no ethics morals. So then the kids/teachers turn out bad have built up anger ect.. Attitude, character and morals are suppose to be taught at home not the school system in my opinion.

But if necessary I feel the school system has to have much harsher disciplinary action and enforce a one stike policy, second time the child/teacher is kicked out of the school for bullying. It really saddens me how this continues to happen. Most kids in impoverished countries would wish to have a school to go to for free and get a long with fellow class mates.

W

wwjd_kilden

Having problems at home isnt realy an excuse once these people are no longer little kids, but teens. I dont know how its like over there, but I was still bullied in 11th grade... Even if they have a bad environment at home they should have seen enough of the world to know that does not justify them doing those things to others. It seems to me those would have MORE of a reason not to bully when they know how it feels.

O

onelove777

Having problems at home isnt realy an excuse once these people are no longer little kids, but teens. I dont know how its like over there, but I was still bullied in 11th grade... Even if they have a bad environment at home they should have seen enough of the world to know that does not justify them doing those things to others. It seems to me those would have MORE of a reason not to bully when they know how it feels.
Right I completley agree. regardless of issues at home, we as human beings naturaly should try to help someone rather then bring someone down. I personaly think as long as humans are on this planet, the same old things will happen as far as injustice goes. Kind of like a good vs evil that continues through the years. That is why we have to have more good over bad in our communities.

Last edited: