Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Galatians 6:2 (NKJV)
My friends who work out at a local fitness center tell me that a "spotter" is someone who stands behind a person who is lifting a heavy weight. The spotter is there to bear the burden of the weight by helping the lifter get it back on the stand when he is finished lifting.
As Christians, we are also "spotters" for our fellow brothers and sisters who may be dealing with challenges that seem too hard for them to bear alone. The loss of a loved one is an extremely heavy burden for a person to carry. To the person who has experienced loss, it seems that he/she is the only one in the whole world who is dealing with that problem. I can understand the emotional distress quite well. I lost my father in 1999, and sometimes, the pain of that loss still hurts me inside. However, I choose to use my experience of loss to help others who go through the same ordeal.
So, how does bearing one another's burdens fulfilling the law of Christ? One of the two great commandments issued by Jesus Christ is that we love our neighbor as ourselves. We show love to our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ when we take the time to bear their burdens. Sometimes, all it takes is for us to be there for someone who is hurting. I encourage you to bear one another's burdens.
Galatians 6:2 (NKJV)
My friends who work out at a local fitness center tell me that a "spotter" is someone who stands behind a person who is lifting a heavy weight. The spotter is there to bear the burden of the weight by helping the lifter get it back on the stand when he is finished lifting.
As Christians, we are also "spotters" for our fellow brothers and sisters who may be dealing with challenges that seem too hard for them to bear alone. The loss of a loved one is an extremely heavy burden for a person to carry. To the person who has experienced loss, it seems that he/she is the only one in the whole world who is dealing with that problem. I can understand the emotional distress quite well. I lost my father in 1999, and sometimes, the pain of that loss still hurts me inside. However, I choose to use my experience of loss to help others who go through the same ordeal.
So, how does bearing one another's burdens fulfilling the law of Christ? One of the two great commandments issued by Jesus Christ is that we love our neighbor as ourselves. We show love to our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ when we take the time to bear their burdens. Sometimes, all it takes is for us to be there for someone who is hurting. I encourage you to bear one another's burdens.