Business 101

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

Iokua08

Aloha!
Hmmmm, my father has a landscaping and nursery business, had it before I was born. But he also runs his own piggory (raises and sells domestic pigs) which is Swine-flu FREE! BTW..... I share part of his businesses, but now he wants me to branch off and take on my own business, partly taking a bunch of his clientele off his shoulders, and summing up some of my own contracts.
I already have a business liscense, and I am no stranger to business itself. I am surrounded by close friends and family who also happen to own varied companies themselves. I see this as an oppurtunity to gain some leeway and earn some extra income on the side.
As you currently may know I am 19 and a fulltime college student, but I am confident and well educated enough to run a business. I've actually wanted to open a specialty store here in Hawaii, but between me and the bank, I wasn't financially ready to take on that challenge with purchasing or leasing a large store property. But this would be the perfect place to start and later slowly branch out to other area's of interest. I've traveled around, and am not shy to repeat my eclectic taste in different things.
I am not studying business in school nor do I have any intentions of making this my primary career, but for now I am merely using this as a vessel for me to relieve some headaches and help me through my schooling. I know I can do it, I've literally been running my father's landscaping business since highschool, its just that it will be totally my responsibility, and representing a new name. At the moment I am finalizing paperwork, working out schedules, payroll and such. I am not worried about managing school and this business, but I'm open to encounter and resolve any future conflictions.
I hope I can be successful, even if I fail LOL...... But I've always dreamed of getting a college education, embarking on my career, and at the same time run my businesses on the side. I believe its possible, a lot of work but very possible! Everything is POSSIBLE with GOD on your side!
What do you guys think? I just summarized what I could, obviously leaving out lots of details, but that is basically my plan. I'm ready to get it done, learn, and have fun! If you guys have any advice, or maybe you know what I am going through, hit me up. Especially if your a business owner young or old, maybe we could help eachother out......
Thanks!!