But, does it have to hurt so much?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

theinfinitehope

When I was in youth group, we went on a house boat trip, that included a speed boat and water ski and a tube. I not knowing how to water ski desided to pick the tube. I felt that I should stop after a few goes at it, and the voice in my head said "one more time" and then the voice of my Mom who warned me that "one more time" meens "stop" poped into my head, now - being a rebelous youth I went aganst this and contuned. The boat turned sharp, and I was sent into the rocks. I was cut up and it did hurt. Other then cuts, I was fine. But, I complaned bitterly on the ride to the hospital, "Why does it have to hurt so much?" Not refering to the phyiscal or mental pain, but I think - to life in general. Its so unfair.

In dealing with skeptics on my youtube channel I offen see the "problem of evil" as a counter to God. That, because evil exists, God must be powerless/uncaring to stop it. Of course, there are counters to this augument, but it does basicly ask "Why must it hurt so much?"

I'm remeinded oddly of Eve. She waas told that the pain of birth would incress - now wait- hold on! This is the garden of eden here, it should be nearly perfect or so I've felt - these two people get to hang out with God, what more could you want? But - pain is still around? Well, apprently so, it didn't say that she would suddenly have pain, but it would be incressed!

I supose one could interject that this gives some sort of wiggle room for darwin evoultion in that, human skulls got larger, and this would explain why the pain became worse. Alternatily you could say our brains got biger to hold the knowalge of good and evil. In eather case, its clear that the pain was part of being phyiscal, even in the ideal envorment.

Perhaps death to, at least phyiscal death existed, but spirtual death did not yet exist, untill the fall.
Now, whatever we take from this, let me not lose focuse on the idea that phyiscal bodys must indure pain.

Why? Well - of course- if you step on something sharp your body neads to tell you that its sharp so that you can remove it. So, pain is something that is a survial thing as well.

What about emotional pain? Well again, normaly this is to warn us that something is not quite right. Sometimes this is linked to our phyiscal bodys due to chemical imbalances, and sometimes its linked to our blaming ourselfs, something that we are not taught to do, we are taught that all sin is forgiven, so we should be able to love ourselfs. Some nead addonal counceling and drugs to help in this regard, and we should never go without both.

Of course, fro us belviers there is always prayer. But sometimes this too can seem frustrating, why so much pain? Why does it have to hurt so much?

Now - I'm sure you are finding sciptures about pain to post or whatever, but let me take you to the cross. You see- God didn't just let us deal with this pain, but took part in it Himself, Jesus took upon Himeself a great deal of pain, emotional, phyiscal, mental, and spirtual pain, all the sins of the world ptu on him. Boom. Done. For all time.

Now, other faiths, other relgions - they can not say this, they can not say that God shared our pain. I do not know what all of them say, so I might be wrong. But I feel that we are unique in that we have Jesus to take the pain too.

So, God understands our pain and suffering. Jesus does not shy away from the pain. It always stuns me that Jesus prayed as I offen do, to God for the pain to be removed. BUT Jesus is better in the end then I am, He accepts His pain, and takes it, as he accepts Gods will.

Now! Lets not think that God's will is for us to have pain, no - thats not my point here, my point here is to pray for God's will - accept whatever it might be, maybe it is for us to enture pain , but - we are promiced it will never be to great to bear.

And! we are given a mind, we are given other people. So we must use these, we must seek out help for the pain from others, and accept there help, have them pray with and for us, as we pray not for ourselfs, but for them!

Praying for others as you are being prayed for is very helpfull for pain, Jesus prayed not for Himself at the end, but for God to forgive everyone for what they did.

I think we should try to mirror this as much as we can. But, we are not Jesus, and we nead more help. We nead to turn to other Christans, get to a good chirch, who will suport you and all, online stuff - well honestly I do not think that the internet people as wonderfull as the internet is should be a place to go when you nead help in this area of pain.

But for some it might be there only window to the world, so I do not wish to clsoe it, I'm just saying - if you can get help outside the internet - thats the best place.

Anyway, my point here was to answer my question, "Why does it have to hurt so much?" Well - honestly I do not always know the answer to this, other then Jesus took this too, and did not run from it, and that Jesus told us to help each other too, so we should. Pain is part of life. We must learn to deal with it and help others to deal with it as best as we can.

In the end, I'm no theripist, if you nead one get one. But also get prayer too. But - lets turn off the comptuer if we can, because the internet isnt the best place in my view to get help, but again thats just my feeling on the internet.

We dont unforantly, have sciptures telling us how to use the internet :)

So in this we must resaion outside of it.

Anyway... peace out

W

wwjd_kilden

Welcome to our community