But Jesus rebuked

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 21, 2009
  1. Luke 4:35
    But Jesus rebuked him, saying, Be silent (muzzled, gagged), and come out of him! And when the demon had thrown the man down in their midst, he came out of him without injuring him in any possible way.
    Luke 4:34-36 (in Context) Luke 4 (Whole Chapter)

C

Consumed

Rebuking a spirit not the person, we seem to mix up the two and think we are doing God a service by attacking the person, which only shuts their hearts, and condemn them as blind. Notice when Jesus does it that the person wasn't injured in the process.

G

Graybeard

Pro 9:8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.
Pro 13:1 A wise son heareth his father's instruction: but a scorner heareth not rebuke.
Pro 13:8 The ransom of a man's life are his riches: but the poor heareth not rebuke.
Pro 27:5 Open rebuke is better than secret love.
Ecc 7:5 It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.

Luk 17:3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
1Ti 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
Tit 2:15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

so you where saying.....

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Consumed

Pro 9:8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.
Pro 13:1 A wise son heareth his father's instruction: but a scorner heareth not rebuke.
Pro 13:8 The ransom of a man's life are his riches: but the poor heareth not rebuke.
Ecc 7:5 It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.

Luk 17:3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
Tit 2:15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

so you where saying.....
It's in the manner which we admonish a person with love not insult is "as I was saying". We are quick to forget that love is the foundation we do all things, and the fruit of love is??

Last edited:

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Notice Jesus told the spirit to be quiet, not the man. People with these kind of problems
are basically spiritually sick. They need help, not condemnation.

May 21, 2009
Rebuking a spirit not the person, we seem to mix up the two and think we are doing God a service by attacking the person, which only shuts their hearts, and condemn them as blind. Notice when Jesus does it that the person wasn't injured in the process.
Then I guess when he was talking to the Pharisees they weren't so mad that they murdered Jesus?? I understand what your saying. But we do need to to decide if we are the people pleasers of the soft soap or of the truth. He didn't come to make peace he came to make war. He called people snakes, white washed tombs da da da and so on. You better believe they were offended. We can try to be nice as can be but at times the truth hurts. A big change needs to made. Lots of the problem lies in the soft soap attitude.

May 21, 2009

so you where saying.....

Seems we do tend to forget the verses that aren't so easy to swallow. Now be nice to me........<smile>

May 21, 2009
Notice Jesus told the spirit to be quiet, not the man. People with these kind of problems
are basically spiritually sick. They need help, not condemnation.

Matthew 16:23
But Jesus turned away from Peter and said to him, Get behind Me, Satan! You are in My way [an offense and a hindrance and a snare to Me]; for you are minding what partakes not of the nature and quality of God, but of men.

I kinda picture Peter standing there all ashamed. And wishing he had kept his mouth shut.