"But we see Jesus" Hebrews 2:9 ONT.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scotth1960

"But we see Jesus, Who for a short time was made less than the angels on account of the suffering of death, crowned with glory and hnor, so that He, by the grace of God, should taste death for everyone. For it was becoming to Him, because of Whom are all things and by means of Whom are all things, bringing many sons to glory, to have perfected the originator of their salvation through sufferings. For both He Who sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one; for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brethren, saying, "I will announce Thy name to My brethren, in the midst of the church will I hymn Thee"; and again, "I will trust in Him"; and again, "Behold, I and the children whom God gave Me." Since then the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He also Himself in like manner partook of the same, in order that through death He might bring to nought the one who hath the power of death, that is, the devil, and might set free those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. For surely He taketh not hold of the nature of the angels, but He taketh hold of the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behooved Him to be made like His brethren, that He might become a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, in order to be made an expiation for the sins of the people."
Hebrews 2:9-17 ONT Orthodox New Testament, Volume 2, pages 386-387.

God bless and have mercy on us and save us all in Christ Jesus our Sovereign Saviour, God and LORD, now and ever, and unto the ages of ages; Amen and Amen. In Erie PA USA June 2011 AD Scott R. Harrington

L

Laodicea

2 Corinthians 5:21
(21) For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Hebrews 7:25
(25) Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Good word. :)

God bless.
pickles

S

Scotth1960

(21) For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
(25) Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
Amen.

E

eternally-gratefull

A big Amen. Christ makes intercession for us. Not a priest or discipler. Who needs intercession for his or her own sin. Christ who knew no sin was made sin for us ( took ALL of our sins on his body) that we may be seen as righteous, not because of our own righteous deeds (good works) but because of his one good work.