By this all men will know that you are my disciples

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

It's such a joy to see so many young people in these threads, isn't it? :) But...sometimes I wonder what we're really conveying to them. How are we dealing with one another?

A young lady has posted the 10 Commandments here. Very cool. :) It reminded me that Jesus gave us a new commandment in the NT too:

John 13:34-35 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

These scriptures tell us how to show that love:

“Be at peace with each other” Mk. 9:50
“‘Do not deceive one another” Lev.19:11
“Love one another” John 13:34, & 12 other references
“Be devoted to one another in brotherly love” Rom. 12:10
“Honor one another above yourselves” Rom. 12:10
“Live in harmony with one another” Rom. 12:10
“Stop passing judgment on one another” Rom. 14:13
“Instruct one another” Rom. 15:14
“Accept one another, as Christ accepted you” Rom. 15:17
“When you come together to eat, wait for each other” 1 Cor. 11:33
“Have equal concern for each other” 1 Cor. 12:25
“Serve one another in love” Gal. 5:13
“If you keep on biting and devouring each other, you will be destroyed by each other” Gal. 5:15
“Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other” Gal. 5:26
“Carry each other’s burdens” Gal. 6:2
“Be patient, bearing with one another in love” Eph. 4:2
“Be kind and compassionate to one another” Eph. 4:32
“Forgiving each other as God in Christ has forgiven you” Eph. 4:32
“Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs” Eph. 5:19
“Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ” Eph.5:21
“In humility, consider others better than yourselves” Phil. 2:3
“Do not lie to each other” Col. 3:9
“Bear with each other” Col. 3:13
“Forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another” Col. 3:16
“Teach one another” Col. 3:16
“Admonish one another” Col. 3:16
“Make your love increase and overflow for each other” 1 Thess. 3:12
“Encourage one another” 1 Thess. 4:18, and 5:11
“Build each other up” 1 Thess. 5:11
“Encourage one another daily” Heb. 3:13 and 10:25
“Spur one another on to love and good deeds” Heb. 10:24
“Do not slander one another” Js. 4:11
“Don’t grumble against each other” Js. 5:9
“Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed” Js. 5:16
“Love one another deeply from the heart” 1 Pet. 1:22 & 4:8
“Live in harmony with each other” 1 Pet. 3:8
“Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling” 1Pet. 4:9
“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others” 1 Pet. 4:10
“Clothe yourselves with humility toward one another” 1 Pet. 5:5

Aug 2, 2009
Thats weird, I was thinking about an 11th commandment today. Its been on my mind all morning. But I was thinking it should be, "Admit when you are wrong."

J

Jullianna

LOL! I don't think I've seen that one, Gabe :D Not a bad idea though.

L

Liz01

haha yes, humbleness should be a commandment.....

K

Kyouken

Romans 13:10 - "Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law."

Encouraging post, Julianna.

J

Jullianna

If we think about it, being willing to admit we are wrong about things and having humility are pretty much a given if we are christians, huh? We can't even become His until we are willing to admit our failings, our need for a Savior, have a repentant heart, be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit, have teachable spirits and submit our will to be conformed to the image of Christ, can we? Not to mention not reacting like the world when life takes its jabs at us. :)

I can remember when I first read the writings of Paul I thought ..wow...what a prideful, arrogant guy. But, the more I studied his writings, the more I realized how very wrong I was about him. I had mistaken his strength, passion, love for the Lord and drive to share Christ and defend the faith for something else.

A

AnandaHya

:) thanks Julianna, I was thinking about what the family of God should look like and how we should treat each other

feeling kind of sad because a certain person keeps telling me i'm a liar even when I just try and have a conversation with him.

and your post sums it up nicely how we should act :) Perhaps I should just stop grumbling and just seek to avoid him...

“In humility, consider others better than yourselves” Phil. 2:3
“Do not lie to each other” Col. 3:9
“Bear with each other” Col. 3:13
“Forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another” Col. 3:16
“Teach one another” Col. 3:16
“Admonish one another” Col. 3:16
“Make your love increase and overflow for each other” 1 Thess. 3:12
“Encourage one another” 1 Thess. 4:18, and 5:11
“Build each other up” 1 Thess. 5:11
“Encourage one another daily” Heb. 3:13 and 10:25
“Spur one another on to love and good deeds” Heb. 10:24
“Do not slander one another” Js. 4:11
“Don’t grumble against each other” Js. 5:9
“Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed” Js. 5:16

J

Jullianna

God gave me a glimpse of His sense of humor recently and taught me a very important lesson in the process. :) My pastor had asked me to work with a women's Bible study for the past year or so and there was a woman in the group who seemed to relate every little thing that happened in our lives to demons. At times it almost seemed like she was praising them rather than God. It honestly tested my patience and I found it very distracting.

Our group grew very large and we thought it might be better to divide up a bit and get together at different times. In my foolishness I found myself hoping she wouldn't be in my group. Guess what? The first person who wanted to be in MY group? Yep...you guessed it. :D

But I have gotten to know her better and understand why she had believed that way. It was the environment she'd grown up in and she's come a very long way.

It's so important for us to be patient with one another, isn't it? Sure is tough sometimes. :) It helps me to remember that no matter how old we get, no matter how long we've been walking with the Lord, no matter how much we think we know, we're ALL still CHILDREN of God, aren't we? and we have a lot to learn.

K

kayem77

LOVED IT! Thanks for sharing Jullianna, this would be something nice to hang on a wall, it's a good reminder :)

J

Jullianna

Thanks, karla <3 I should probably print it out and stick it on my desk so it's in front of my face constantly :)

K

kayem77

Thanks, karla <3 I should probably print it out and stick it on my desk so it's in front of my face constantly :)
My room needs some decoration so I might as well print it out too :)
I was thinking about putting all the verses that talk about one subject all together on paper , like patience(need a reminder of that everyday) , love, humility, kindess,etc. but I'm too lazy to start doing it....which now tells me that it would be a good idea to add lazyness on that list.

J

Jullianna

I hear ya :)

One thing I'm trying to be more conscious of is my sense of humor. Having worked with all men for so long in a very stressful, brutal, direct profession, I tend to have a strong way of saying things sometimes with a warped sense of humor that some folks aren't used to coming from a lady, and I can see how it might be misinterpreted. :) I guess at the end of the day we're all struggling to do the best we can and have to leave the rest to the Lord.