Cake in a Mug....great for giving as gifts!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

nanabean

Cake in a Mug

For the mix:

1 box cake mix
1 4-serving size box instant pudding mix (NOT sugar free)

Stir together cake and pudding mixes. Place 1/2 cup portions in zipper-seal sandwich bags and label each "Cake Mix".

For the glaze mix:

4 cups confectioners sugar
6 Tablespoons dry flavoring (e.g., lemonade, cocoa, or coffee mix)

Stir together glaze ingredients, put 1/3 cup portions into separate bags and label each "Glaze Mix".

Tuck 1 bag of each mix into each of 12 mugs with these instructions:

Mist inside of mug with vegetable oil spray. Add cake mix, 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon water. Mix well. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes. Stir 1 tablespoon water into Gaze Mix and pour over baked cake. Makes 12 gift mugs.

Cooks note: Possible flavor combinations: lemon cake mix-lemon pudding, yellow cake mix-chocolate pudding, devil's food cake mix-chocolate pudding, pineapple cake mix-coconut pudding, butterscotch cake mix-butterscotch pudding.

N

nanabean

Awwww sorry!!! Is there something more I should explain?? I'm sorry...It's a mix that you divide into 12 (11 or 12) different "kits" with the cake and icing that goes into each mug....I don't know if that makes it clearer or not??? hahaha awww sorry...if I think of how to word anything better I will try.....sorry

M

missy2shoes

ohhh so you give them as gifts for the person to make?

N

nanabean

This recipe makes 11 or 12 "Cake in a Mug" gifts. You first make the "Cake Mix" recipe and divide it up according to the directions, putting it into the mug, then do the same thing with the "Glaze Mix" Add the directions at the bottom of this recipe to each Mug and add some ribbon or decorations......and you've got a nice little gift to give. ..or well...12 nice little gifts to give that is.......hahaha

Cake in a Mug

For the Cake Mix:

1 box cake mix
1 4-serving size box instant pudding mix (NOT sugar free)

Stir together cake and pudding mixes. Place 1/2 cup portions in zipper-seal sandwich bags and label each "Cake Mix".

For the Glaze Mix:

4 cups confectioners sugar
6 Tablespoons dry flavoring (e.g., lemonade, cocoa, or coffee mix)

Stir together glaze ingredients, put 1/3 cup portions into separate bags and label each "Glaze Mix".

Tuck 1 bag of each mix into each of 12 mugs with these instructions:

Mist inside of mug with vegetable oil spray. Add cake mix, 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon water. Mix well. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes. Stir 1 tablespoon water into Gaze Mix and pour over baked cake. Makes 12 gift mugs.

Cooks note: Possible flavor combinations: lemon cake mix-lemon pudding, yellow cake mix-chocolate pudding, devil's food cake mix-chocolate pudding, pineapple cake mix-coconut pudding, butterscotch cake mix-butterscotch pudding.

Hope this explains it a tad better........

May 22, 2009
Oh wow, thanks for the great tip... Highly Appreciated...

Feb 24, 2010
This sounds great. I don't want to give them away but what a great way for an old single guy to have a cake with out a lot of work. Thanks.